Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm thinking it would be more of a burden they accept rather than a desired promotion-- a responsibility they feel they must accept in order to change the rules of Heaven and Hell.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

One, he's been the king of heaven before and it ended in catastrophe and blood.

Two, "I have learned a new way! I will not strike you back! I will turn the other cheek, unless it seems like I am actually in danger, and then I will kill you."

Jesus turned the other cheek until they bad guys killed him and they felt like dicks.

Doctor Who gives you one chance.

Castiel is not employing new methods, he is just still killing anyone who disagrees with him, and he's such a ponce that he believes that it's completely different that he's now only killing people who threaten him.

Or is that different?

(The final season is when they rip off Preacher and go find God.)

Then they get renewed and God has to be a dick who is taught a lesson too.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Because of the way he became the king of Heaven. He's learned his lesson in that regard, he's himself now, and he has other angels seeking him out for leadership.

As opposed to either of the Winchesters who have "hunter" in their job title and "killer of *any* threats to humanity" as their #1 job description. Oh, and both have been demonic at this point, too. Sam being a demon blood-fueled psychopath, and Dean being a demonic torturer currently sporting the symbol of Cain.

So, really not seeing how they'd be a better choice using your criteria. At least Castiel has the power, the balls, and the experience to do the job.

Likewise for Crowley having gained a semblance of his humanity as the king of Hell, and proving he's more competent and desirable for the job than other demons such as Abaddon.

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice Scooby Doo-esque episode.

I especially liked how the friendship between supernaturalists Ed and Harry paralleled the Winchester brothers' relationship.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Supernatural takes on "Slender"? Not really the best episode IMO and that bearded Ghostfacer guy was a bit weak in the acting department.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Very much a Scooby-Doo episode. I do like that it
    wasn't a spook, but actually a person doing the killing.

Still, the parallel between the two relationships was a nice idea,if a bit cheesy, and I like that it didn't get the "perfectly-resolved" ending.

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was skeptical when I heard that the Ghostfacers would be returning, but that was a surprisingly great episode. The parallel between the two relationships was effective and subtle enough not to feel forced.

8. Guy Gardener

Not subtle. Painfully forced.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Not subtle or forced. Juuuust right.

Actually, I haven't even seen it yet. There were some problems with On Demand and I'm a little behind on my shows.

10. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How was it forced? One of the Ghostfacers wanted to leave their paranormal crap behind and start a normal life, and the other concocted a lie to keep him in the game. That's perfectly in character for Ed and Harry.

11. Gryffindorian

Crowley turns into a junkie on tonight's episode.

Snooki? Is that you?

12. Mister Fandango

"Not Moose" made me laugh hysterically.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

no, it's Nicole now

14. Guy Gardener

The problems the ghostfacers were going through, the Lies unveiled, were identical to Dean and Moose, which allowed Dean and Sam to see their own problems externally, the kick in the pants which forces them to work towards resolving their issues rather than letting it explode like the ghostfacers did.

If the Winchesters showed up a month earlier or a month later their "issues" would have been out of sync and then neither would have been helpful to the other.

The entire episode was therapy for Dean and Sam.

You didn't get that?

It was like looking into the future and seeing an Apocalypse.

Brotherly love soiled.

Road not taken.

Dean and Sam were given a WARNING to amend their ways before they evolve into the relationship the Ghost Facers had.

Dean has to stop lying, and Sam has to start believing that his brother is still not always lying to him.

Deus ex machina for fucks sake.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the last couple episodes were both good. I liked the parallel between the Brothers Winchester, and the Ghostfacers was fun, and I was pretty surprised when it turned out the Thinman was actually just a couple of psycho humans. Have they done that on Supernatural before?

As for tonight's, I liked it. We got some more Crowley, which is always nice and we got to learn a little bit more about to meet a crazy former Man of Letters. Looks like Crowley has the upper hand now.

16. Gryffindorian

:lol:

:wtf: "Well that explains a lot."

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Benders back in season one had a family of human hillbillies who hunted humans. And Bella Talbot of course was human.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I like the idea of a lair that's accessible by conjuring up a doorway from anywhere. They travel so much that having something like that would have come in handy.

19. Mister Fandango

It's not. His fortress was located at that spot. It was just invisible, and the spell opened a door.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I should have elaborated. Sam mentioned that the Men of Letters wanted something like that for their lair and I thought that would have been a good idea so I took it a step further. The Winchesters are on the road so much that having their place being easily accessible from anywhere with a magic door would come in handy.