Storage Wars

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I don't think he's a collector in that he's looking for collectibles and valuables he's just looking for things he finds interesting and worth hanging on to.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yep. I actually agree with Trekker here. He's not in this to make money as the others are, I believe he has the most money out of all them, he's there to find unique and interesting items, thus the reason why he has held on to so many things over the last three seasons instead of selling them.

3. Trekker4747

There's plenty of times he's found things that are mostly utterly worthless but has kept them simply because it was interesting looking or had an interesting use/history.

4. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Yeah, those poor, poor souls. I bet they make so little from being on the show, even during the first season. The cash they get from the auctions is clearly their main source of revenue so when they take a hit one week, you know they're seriously suffering!

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Did anyone ever explain why that one guy who worked for Jarrod and Brandi all of a sudden blew a gasket and walked off? He was seen occasionally on big loads and always seemed pretty laid back. Then all at once he started getting pissed off about being stepped on, etc., and I don't recall either of them treating him with anything other than respect. Granted, we don't get to see what is off camera, but it still seemed a little odd and I don't think he's been back since.

6. Admiral_Young

I believe that his name was Mark...and yeah I don't think an explanation was given or that he has been back. They've shown other employees from the shop since then.

7. Trekker4747

The implication I got was that he was pissed off over the show/production rather than just being able to do his job.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  8. Admiral_Young

^ That's the impression I got as well...and Jarrod kind of implied that as well, he also just seemed rather overly stressed at that time and just reached his breaking point.

9. Admiral_Young

Not sure if anyone is still watching the show...which continues to drop in ratings and just hasn't been the same since Dave left (as I thought would happen). There have been some interesting new cast members...I like Rene and Casey, Ivy Calvin has been interesting, the Harris Twins are kind of meh.

The big news though is that, the star, in my opinion, of the show, Barry Weiss is leaving...and A&E announced some kind of "surprise" for Barry in next week's season finale which is most likely some farewell show that has already been taped. I dunno if I will watch season five with just Darrel, Brandi, and Jarrod.

http://www.extratv.com/2013/06/25/storage-wars-star-barry-weiss-leaving-show/

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

If Barry leaves, I'm done with the show. He's the only reason I continue to watch.

11. Admiral_Young

Agreed. I don't know if you bring back the show for even one more season if Barry departs. It's just not the same. You don't have that same cast dynamic that you had with the originals IMO. I most likely won't be back for season five.

12. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

no Barry? :(

13. 137th Gebirg

Damn - that is a bummer. I always loved Barry and looked forward to seeing what new kind of bizarre vehicle he's going to roll up into a storage unit in. I guess he must have gotten tired of having boxes and bins fall on his head all the time, and he does appear to be the most senior of the entire cast and is probably ready to retire.

Yeah, this may be the final nail in the coffin for the show - although my wife and I both agreed last night that we don't miss Dave one bit. Glad the "YUUUUUUUP" tool bag is gone.

14. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

How does Barry even afford this? He never seems to make any money!

15. 137th Gebirg

I get the impression that he and his family are independently wealthy and this was more of a lark for him to have some fun on the side while building his collection. His mom's apartment in that one episode with the figurines really made it look like he doesn't need the show or the auctions.

16. Amaris

Amaris Guest

That, and he does win quite a bit. I've seen him buy $150 lockers and make $6,000+ on them, so I'm sure it happens enough that it doesn't bother him.

17. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Barry is the show; I don't see it lasting long without him.

18. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

As long as Brandi doesn't start looking like Darryl, I'll keep watching. :)

19. 137th Gebirg

Is it me, or does Brandi appear a bit...augmented...lately?

20. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Supposedly, according to Dave Hester the shows producers paid for her to have Breast Implants. I believe that was either before the show started or one of the earlier seasons. I haven't been watching this season, so I can't comment on the now. However if she did, no big deal. If it makes her happy, more power to her.