The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Find the girl, dammit!

Are people as tired hearing that as much as I'm tried of saying it? :rommie:

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

This show does atmosphere fantastically. The scenes with the zombies coming in through the garage was classic.

Everything else was awful. The characterization, the dialogue and the plot. Barf. LET'S SHOOT OUR GUNS AGAIN AND AGAIN BECAUSE, HEY, IT'S NOT LIKE ZOMBIES ARE ATTRACTED BY THE SOUND!

And the abortion plot was just laughably bad. When it comes to women on this show it's painful. Why is it so hard for sci-fi/fantasy shows to write female characters?

Not to mention that Dale suddenly has use of the Force and can "sense" that Shane killed Otis. :lol:

The best thing that can happen now is that the zombies attack and kill most of the cast. Maybe just leave Darryl and Dale alive and have them march on into the sunset.

3. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

^Make it Glen, Dale and Daryl and I'm on board.

The female characters have become increasingly shrill and worthless(although gunslinger skanky Andrea might be changing). Maggie went nutso so it all evened out I guess.

Can anyone give me one good reason why Carol stayed at the farm while most everyone else went hunting for her daughter? She is perfectly capable of going out on a search party.

4. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's the "where's my son, where's Walt" of TWD

5. McDuff

McDuff Commander Red Shirt

Don't you get ever tired of the female Xena type warrior on TV? Ok, women are equal to men, they don't have to be 100% like men. And more importantly they aren't in real life!

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

"The Zombies took my girl... RIGHT OUTTA MY HANDS!"

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Be interesting to see if those AICN spoilers are real tonight.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I really hope not. * Crosses fingers. *

9. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Yeah, that'd be a real shame. Mostly because it would be such a departure from the comics (which are truly fantastic). It wouldn't be the first time though. The first episode was pretty close, and since then it has departed quite heavily. Daryl, Merle, T-Bone, Morales and family, Jenner, Jaqui, all don't exist, Ed was dead before the series started, Andrea and Carol are nearly unrecognizable, some of my favorite characters haven't shown up yet and they should have, and Sophia didn't get lost in the first place.

Also shane should be dead

I'm still enjoying the show, but the more it deviates, the more I find myself less interested.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm still addicted to TWD, but I *do* wish they'd resolve the Sophia storyline, one way or another. Even if the characters don't ever find her and move on, that at least would bring some closure to it. Watching them sit still at the farm and NOT find Sophia is not doing a great deal to advance the story line. It feels like this is all set up for some big event, so, if there ISN'T one, I'll be a bit annoyed.

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Excited about the mid season finalle but kinda bummed i got to waittill February for the rest of the episodes, still better than only having 6 episodes only like season 1.

12. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I'd imagine the Sophia storyline is ending tonight. I can't see them extending it further while heavily advertising it as a mid-season finale. Most shows that I can think of with a mid-season break ends the major storylines up to that point while creating more.

13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I think after tonight they will be leaving the farm, could be wrong

14. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

WOW....messed up. Looks like the spoilers were correct!

15. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I think I'm done with the show. Creating characters is one thing, keeping characters alive is another thing, but I sit here trying to figure out what this added to the show and I just can't figure out what. The comic was far from perfect, but it seems like they don't care at all about following it. I'm over it.

16. Alpha Romeo

Good for you. Don't ruin it for the rest of us by stirring up shit and getting the show canceled.

17. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, Kirkman says said not to follow the comic. And considering I'd like to read it myself...I'd rather TWD be its own original story.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was wondering what they could do for a jaw-dropping mid-season ender this certainly fit the bill. It was gut-wrenching. Poor girl. Her being missing for so long makes sense now. And poor Rick for being responsible for her predicament and then having to killer her. And Herschel... I wonder what's going through his mind. I can't wait 'til February.

19. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Yes. I have that power...

20. Alpha Romeo

You clearly do not, but my point is my point. Moving on...