Has Chapters/Indigo Stopped Carrying TrekLit In-Store?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Avro Arrow, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Sure, but watch the SW section swell before Christmas, and the ST section swell next September.

Bookshops like a current version to be readily accessible, and they ride the cinemas' advertising, and the media releases.

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Their website is now listing Sight Unseen as "Available in stores".

Not anywhere near me, but, you know... somewhere.

3. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Well the main reason why I go to my local Coles store is because I can ship the book to the store for free, since I usually only have one book come in at a time, and to ship each title as they came out Chapters would want to charge a shipping fee. So you might have to just give in and order.

4. Therin of Andor

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^Wow, that looks like one awesome store. :bolian:

6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

OK, it seems that my local Indigo got Atonement, Sight Unseen and All That's Left in this week in one fell swoop. The only one of the recent MIA titles that wasn't there was Long Shot.

Was this some kind of strategy to delay stocking these as they were released, in order to have a bunch of new Trek books in at once for the holiday shopping season? Or just an oversight that they caught and corrected all at once? Or something else entirely? I have no idea.

I picked up Sight Unseen and All That's Left. (I had already got Atonement from Coles.)

Oh, they also had the new Costumes book, but I couldn't financially justify getting that one.

7. Therin of Andor

You could try starting up a conversation (and ongoing rapport) with the staff. I am known by name in at least ten bookshops in Sydney. Sometimes they even ask my advice on ordering. ;)

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't Galaxy a specialty sci-fi bookstore? It makes sense they would have a much bigger Star Trek selection than regular bookstores.

9. Therin of Andor

Yes, that's why they have a large set of shelving dedicated to Trek, but several of our general bookshops in Sydney also have healthy Trek sections.