Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Blue Beetle would have been a more natural spin off than the Flash, although that doesn't mean I'm not anxiously looking forward to that series as well.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Is that Booster Gold show for Syfy still happening? That would be the perfect place for Blue Beetle.

3. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Blue Beatle would be too close to Green Arrow to be a decent spin-off; I mean a billionaire with access to all the scientific weapons from his company? They are both surrogate Batmen... I guess Blue Beatle might be a little more light-hearted. On the whole, I like the idea of Flash, it goes somewhere that Arrow can't.

Guy, Felicity is sooooo into Ollie it is just dripping off of my screen and making a mess on my floor.

Sara is just too good a match for Ollie. They work together seamlessly. Ollie says "Wait here and I'll go after the bad guy" and Sara just works with it. Who else would do that? Not Felicity, not the Huntress. Maybe Diggle would.

Diggle had some good lines and interaction with Felicity, but I'm surprised he isn't feeling left out even more. I guess he isn't secretly in love with Ollie.

I saw the Felicity thing coming, but I like how Sara said all the right things and gave her all the right praise. Sara is too good to stay alive.

Ollie's lecture to Laurel was dead on, and I loved how he finally showed some stones with her. Laurel making up with Sara made me cry. OK, I have some sibling issues, but it was a good scene.

The one thing I didn't see coming was the person Moira was having a meeting with.

Clock King was good, but just a touch off. I would have preferred he not have such an altruistic motive. I want him to be a recurring psycho. He has everything to be a great ongoing nemesis.

4. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Not a bad episode but the clock king was weak. The ending though was very nice. I would have liked mom Lance to have been from another city than Central just to open the universe a little more but this will make crossovers a bit easier.

5. OdoWanKenobi

So, yeah. Next week is going to be epic, huh?

This was a pretty good episode. Green Arrow and Black Canary working together to kick ass and take names. I'm sure her death or departure is inevitable, but I really hope Sara sticks around.

One quibble, that's now two episodes in a row that Roy has done absolutely nothing since officially joining the team. He's not even seen standing around in the "Arrow Cave."

6. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I agree with you about Roy. Here is the thing: For an ensemble show with 5 action characters, there has to be sub groupings. As it stands, each character is attached to Ollie; that is how we see them, and it is how they react to the plotlines.

If they want to keep all 5 in the series, I'm great with that, but at least Diggle and Felicity (who have a great connection) need to be able split off and be a sub-team. I'm thinking like DS 9, or Alphas, or other shows that work with that many characters. Right now they are all attached with Ollie by their own thread, and don't have attachments to each other. And hey, Syn is getting worked in here too.

Ollie/Sara, Diggle/Felicity, and Roy/Syn would make great pairings, and I could see this working on an ongoing basis. It would mean a big shift into an ensemble cast with strong subplots for each. It could be done, but that hasn't been the style of the show.

I would love if Sara stayed.

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Will we ever get to see Ted Kord make an appearance? I like how they're introducing DC villains like Clock King, not just recurring ones like Count Vertigo and Deadshot.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It's too bad Robert Knepper as the Clock King had to compete for screen time with all the character drama that was going on in the other storylines.

9. Gryffindorian

I liked him as the circus ringleader Samuel on NBC's Heroes.

10. sojourner

He was better in Mob City.

11. Gryffindorian

Ollie surely told Laurel off, who by the way, is freaking useless at this point. She gets drunk and does drugs and blames everyone for her problems.

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked Knepper as the Clock King myself. Definitely a step up from the show's usual villain-of-the-week.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only reasons to put Alex in Central City, is if her "friend" is Barry's father (is in he in jail for his wife's murder?) or to help Barry dealing with either a Mercury problem or a Wonder Woman problem, since I don't recall any other obviously Greek themed characters connected to Flash history.

14. sojourner

Didn't Wally West basically recreate Donna Troy from memory once?

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

This was an ok episode. I liked Clock King, he was an interesting villain. Laurel wasn't that interesting though, and any episode with Sin is automatically taken down a bit in quality, but it was still decent overall. If they cut out Sin, Laurel, Felicity's stupid moments (like trying to hack out in the field) it would have been better, but it was still ok. I liked the Batman & Robin reference, and the Blue Devil movie poster on the bus.

16. sojourner

I missed the Batman and Robin reference. What was it?

17. Guy Gardener

Well, so Sin and Sara are not doing it,

Damn.

Messy love triangles are so much more fun than happily ever after.

18. OdoWanKenobi

Tockman's disease was Macgregor's Syndrome, which was what Nora Fries and Alfred suffered from in the movie.

19. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was an awesome ending! But I agree with the above poster who said that Sarah is too good to die. That bit when Sin said that she didn't know what she would do without Sarah, and Sarah replied, "You'll never have to find out," - foreshadowing. I'm guessing Slade is going to kill someone that is close to Ollie, Sarah is the obvious choice.

Quite convenient that that pilot was from Starling City though ;)

I don't know how Sarah thought bringing Ollie to the family dinner was a good idea.

20. Guy Gardener

She was an idiot.

And he was thinking with his dick.