First Poster

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by PlainSimpleJoel, Dec 3, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My first reaction to the poster was this;):

It certainly looks different than any other Trek posters we have seen before.

4. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

first poster and the offical web site...yeah.

I hope the board is as active as this.

However this poster looks nothing like what star trek should be. From this poster its hard to bliv that the characters are suppose to be space exploers

JJ is really breaking away this time

5. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

I'm not very impressed with the blatant copying from the Dark Knight poster, to be honest. Hopefully the film is a bit more ... creative and original? than the poster.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Boldly going. New Life. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.

Viva la Difference!

7. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, the poster is pretty TDK, which isn't all that great (although I give them props for figuring out a new way to integrate the Starfleet insignia into a poster). I just hope this isn't what they use as the theatrical release poster, because it might give the wrong idea about the film.

8. Trekker82

Trekker82 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Awful, this further makes me re-assured that my feelings on this movie is that the movie is going to be even less Star Trek than the prior.

The Dark Knight meets The Matrix.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay, I have to admit, that is a cool looking poster. Is it possible this might actually be a decent movie this time around?

Nah, I'm sure the trailer will be shit.

10. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

Astonishing poster. Better than the 09 teaser and I loved that. Will be a great film for sure.

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Are we sure this is supposed to be the late 23rd century London skyline? I know people say they see the London Wheel near Cumberbatch in the poster but even if that's the current Wheel by the Thames I have to wonder how many major cities survived the Third World War. Riker in First Contact said most of the world's major cities were destroyed yet San Francisco...Paris...London...they all seem to be intact and you'd think all three would be major targets in a worldwide nuclear bombardment.

Oh well, if it really is London that'd be kind of cool. It'd be a nice change of pace from almost every significant Earth event in Trek films happening in or near San Francisco and within eyeshot of Starfleet Headquarters. :p

12. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Like, it's a Trek film? :lol:

"At the end of the universe lies the beginning of vengeance"

Just saying...:)

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's cool. I love the way they incorporated the insignia.

14. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

OH SHIT DAWGS! IT"S MISSION IMPOSSIBLE MEETS STAR TREK Part II!

Ghost Protocol blew up the Kremlin, now Into Darkness has blown up London.

15. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Exactly. They want people to actually want to see the film. So this is Perfectly fine.

16. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I mean this in a good way,It is not the typical star trek where the first poster would have been set in space.Am guessing we are going to see earth and perhaps London a lot in this film

17. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting. It would perhaps be more poignant if we knew who Cumberbatch's character is.

Interesting, too, that it's London. San Francisco may have become a bit cliche, but I could see Paris for a change, since the office of the President of the UFP is there. For what it's worth, has there ever been any mention in any Trek of a connection between London and Starfleet or Federation departments?

Perhaps this is the first of several posters that will have Cumberbatch gazing out on the damage he's inflicted on other major Earth urban landscapes. First this one of London. Then maybe he's looking out over Paris, San Francisco, Tokyo, New York. The cumulative effect of several posters like that would certainly make a powerful point.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Very few other Earth cities have ever been mentioned in connection to Starfleet and other Federation agencies and organizations. In "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost" on DS9 it's mentioned that Lisbon, Portugal has a major Federation facility and power grid but throughout the different incarnations of Trek dating back to the sixties we've heard little or nothing about other Earth cities and how they relate to Starfleet.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Several of Into Darkness' actors are British, so London featuring makes a lot of sense.

And hopefully it means Cumberbatch can talk "normally"

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

London, you say?

Is Cumberbatch playing The Doctor?