Do You Believe the Official Chronology?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by ZapBrannigan, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    What is this "Okuda chronology"?

And excuse me, but some of us aren't up on all the different makes and models and classes of starships. I'm not up on that kind of stuff for RL terrestrial cars and trucks, and tend not to notice much of this stuff in ST. All I know is that some starships are bigger than others.

Thank you. :)

He probably has a twin brother. If the Delaney sisters can serve on Voyager, why can't Leslie have a twin brother on the Enterprise? :p

(actually, I've always wondered why twins or even siblings would be allowed on the same ship - must get confusing when the Captain bellows for them by their last name and they have to stop to figure out which one is wanted)

It's the Daleks' fault. :p (yes, I know there are a couple of really annoying continuity messes in the Pertwee stories that make it impossible to mesh with later Davison stories, which likely further messes things up later on...)

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

It wasn't that unusual for one actor to play different characters on TOS. The character played by the actor David Ross in Turnabout intruder is only referred to as "Lieutenant," and never by name.

:)

3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I was responding to something said by another poster when referring to the Chronology.

The NX-01 and NCC-1701 are two different ships that served a century apart. The NX-01 doesn't violate the idea of April as the first captain of the 1701 any more than the ringship on the rec room wall in TMP.

4. sariel2005

sariel2005 Lieutenant Red Shirt

He is named in the end credits.

He did play a different character in Day of the Dove however.

5. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

But not within the episode itself.

:)

6. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    @sariel2005: I checked out the games, but they're not free for people outside the UK and I saw no provision for a trial version before deciding to purchase. :(

7. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes. It's gathered as much as possible together in one spot from the 40+ years of film and TV.

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Note that "The Counter-Clock Incident" explicitly said that Sarah April was "...the first medical officer aboard a ship equipped with warp drive" in reference to the Enterprise, completely ignoring the starship Bonaventure from the earlier TAS episode "The Time Trap" let alone the TOS episode "Metamorphosis" which had previously put the invention of warp drive much much earlier, and think about how stange it is to get nitpicky about the name Johnathan Archer on what was clearly supposed to be a different starship Enterprise (they don't even look alike) that even flew under a different flag to Kirk's version (Earth instead of the UFP) a whole century earlier.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Actually, James Smith was the first Captain of the Enterprise. How dare that twit Gene Roddenberry claim it was Robert April. :rofl:

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

duplicate

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That makes no sense in the context of the show. Unless the 1701 is 100 years old and April was alive ( and an adult) in the 22nd Century he couldn't command the ship seen in Enterprise.

There have been spaceships called "Enterprise" in Star Trek prior to the 1701. The ringship seen in TMP (and Enterprise) is one. So the Enterprise doesn't have to be the 1701.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013