Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Same. I generally keep my opinion of Chronicle to myself because people give me the stink-eye when I say I didn't like it.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"BUT I'M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TODAY!"

4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I can't believe this is the real plot. if Reed is such a genius, and I mean like super fucking genius, why in the hell is he going to a Community College? (Not that there's something wrong with Community colleges, but, if you are a fucking super genius, colleges will seek you out, they will give you money).

No. This can't possibly be real.

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I really want this to be real. I was pretty sure this movie was going to be a trainwreck as we kept getting new info, so I'm not particularly surprised or disappointed. As long as its going down in flames, it might as well be a gloriously stupid fall :lol: n the other hand, this could be complete BS (its probably about a 50/50 chance in my opinion) and it could be good. I'd like that to be true, but if not at least it could do what that site claims is the plot and fail spectacularly.

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I don't have a strong opinion on the truth of that leak, but I will say that I reckon that "Domashev is a blogger who calls himself Doom" thing would have been declared as balony if it had come from a leak instead of one of the actors.

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The leak shares lots of beats with Ultimate FF, which is either good or bad depending on your thoughts of that series.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

10. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

11. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

I think i'll pass on this one, I didn't like the previous Fantastic Four movies.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well if they would release some real info we wouldnt have this problem. Its only what, nine months until the release? Time to turn on the pr machine boys.

15. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

I have never been more nervous about a comic book movie. I'm a huge Fantastic Four fan. I own the first issue. But almost everything I've heard from this production (other than the casting of Kate Mara) has had me scratching my head. The last two films were okay, I thought Rise of the Silver Surfer was the best of them, but this seems to be so different that even if it is good, I'm afraid it won't feel like a Fantastic Four film. But perhaps this is a good thing. My expectations are so low at this point I'm almost assured to be pleased at some level at the final product.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. The lack of official information honestly has me more concerned than anything that we've actually heard about the movie.

17. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When you have a studio that literally is afraid of its comic book roots for the comicbook movies, you get this jumbled up crap.

18. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair didn't a similar thing happen with X-Men: First Class, in that it took ages for a trailer or any pics to be released, like not long before the actual movie came out.

The movie came out in June 2011, and I remember actually on here there was an avatar contest in December 2010 of "movies looking forward to in 2011" and there was nothing actually available to make an av out of for First Class. I don't think there was an even a teaser trailer till March or April.

And I also remember even when they did release cast pictures, people on here were moaning about the look of the characters and costumes, thinking it would be rubbish.

... but then it came out, and now three/four years most people agree First Class is a pretty damn good movie. So I wouldn't necessarily worry and get your knickers in a twist just yet.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Nothing incendiary there. Audiences are always trying to read petty motives into these things, but it's the sort of thing authors and artists do as playful teasing all the time.

Sometimes authors' fans or friends consider it a mark of pride to have been killed off by their favorite writers. I read recently about a guy named Joe Buckley who runs a fan website devoted to Baen Books, and who's had namesake characters killed off by so many Baen authors that Baen has actually published a collection of his many death scenes.