Why it's nice to be the US open tennis champion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Holdfast, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Free food & drink at Hakkasan...!

[​IMG]

Eh, I suppose he deserves it. ;)

Well done for finally breaking the Slam hoodoo, Andy! :techman:

(bunch of lightweights; it was only about £30 on drinks apiece anyway! :p )

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Of course AM's US open win will only complicate an already crowded file for the BBC's Sports Persoanlity of the Year 2012. What with the Olympics true whilst we have had many Olympic champions over the years, it's been three geenrations (76 years) since a Brit won a Grand Slam Tennis tournament.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

A $1300 gratuity! Probably made that server's night.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's Wiggo vs Murray vs Mo as my personal favourites. Probably Wiggo for the actual title, as cycling fans have a track record of being able to organise themselves well during the voting process.

The longlist is just ridiculously impressive though. Not just the various Olympians, but McIlroy probably should be in there too, and if Hamilton can sneak the F1 title he should be on the list too. It's quite remarkable what a year it's been, really.

Yeah, and in keeping with Hakkasan's cuisine, I bet she was a happy panda... :D

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

That will almost cover a month's car parking in NYC. :lol:

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

LH winning the F1 any other year might be a shoe in for the award, but in an olympic year I can't see it happening. I can't even see him going 2nd or 3rd. The competition is just too strong. Wiggo, Murray are certainly strong contenders but so are the likes of Pendleton and Ennis. It's a very strong field, but as a said the first Brit to win a Grand Slam in 76 years certainly works in Murray's favour. Murray should at least make the top 3