ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guide Inserts - Season 1-7

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Maxwell Everett, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guide Inserts - Season 1-5

Oh, so there's a typo in the original? Whoops. 46579, not 46759.

Having the stardates listed like that has always felt superfluous to me. If I were to choose, I'd have the original airdate listed instead. The BD menus, of course, have both.

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I notice the 46579/46759 error is in the episode itself. Picard reads the wrong stardate, and the episode list keeps the error.

3. depp91

depp91 Ensign Newbie

Thanks to Maxwell Everett for these beautiful inserts!!! I usually buy the German Blurays, so it's good to have inserts with the original episode names, the German ones are atrocious most of the time.

However, can you also provide them as PDFs with embedded text? Because the text always comes out a little blurred when it's printed from a pixel graphic.

4. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Thanks... the reason I didn't save as Photoshop PDF originally is because I am using faux bold and italic styles in certain areas that won't embed. Ironically, I've only printed out the first four seasons for myself and I got acceptable results with the RGB PNGs. I was basically just being lazy and settling for good enough!

But now that you bring it up, I realize that you're right and that I should really be presenting these as CMYK Photoshop PDFs with embedded text layers. So, I'll definitely do that, but I'll have to go in search of proper bold and italicized typefaces that will embed properly. Give me a few days as I have to find the fonts and fix all 14 PSDs. ;)

5. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As I mostly have the Italian copies with the Italian episode titles, I was wondering if getting Maxwell's existing inserts printed using professional equipment at a photography shop would yield better results.

Perhaps but two seasons next to each other in one image, and print on a 8"x6".

I suppose gloss or matt would be the only dilemma.

6. depp91

depp91 Ensign Newbie

Very appreciated, but please take your time! You've done an excellent job for us already:techman::techman:

7. Maxwell Everett

Re: ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guide Inserts - Season 1-6

Okay, per depp91's suggestion, I've saved all the inserts as Photoshop PDFs with embedded text and converted the color space to CMYK. I made some subtle alterations and even added an extra insert for seasons 1-4 so that each season now uniformly has three options to choose from (so, currently, there are 18 total inserts). See image below.

Bottom line, these should look better when printed (sharper text, better color). I printed out six of them anew on glossy Kodak photo paper (48 lb., 6.5 mil) on a new HP inkjet printer and they look very good. If anyone has any issues, just let me know.

Size is 58 MB:
    TNG Inserts CMYK Seasons 1-6.zip

[​IMG]

8. depp91

depp91 Ensign Newbie

Thank you very much for your effort, Maxwell Everett! These look great!!!:)

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Seconded, your work is very much appreciated! :)

10. Maxwell Everett

You're very welcome!

11. Maxwell Everett

ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guides w/Loglines - Season 1-6

Here are my completed episode guides with loglines. They are CMYK, in Photoshop PDF format with embedded text. Each season has three styles to choose from:

• Episode titles in light blue text against stars to match the previous inserts.
    • Episode titles in Blu-ray set colors, also against stars.
    • Episode titles in Blu-ray set colors with matching nebular background.
    I recommend test printing in black & white first on normal paper to make sure you can properly see the logline text as it is very small and some may have difficulty reading.

Size is 48.5 MB:
    TNG Episode Guides w/Loglines (S1-S6)

[​IMG]

12. depp91

depp91 Ensign Newbie

Thank you, Maxwell Everett! Great work as always :) I haven't decided yet which version I like most, stars or nebula?
    I will print them out as soon as I can. After revisiting TNG because of the HD remaster, I've become fairly well-informed about episode titles but these will be great as a memory trigger :)

13. extremedalek

extremedalek Ensign Red Shirt

These are fantastic. Many thanks for taking the time guys! :techman:

14. Maxwell Everett

As the previous link will expire soon, here are my completed episode guides with loglines, with Season Seven included. They are CMYK, in Photoshop PDF format with embedded text. As before, each season has three styles to choose from.

Again, I recommend test printing in black & white first on normal paper to make sure you can properly see the logline text as it is very small and some may have difficulty reading. When you print, make sure your zoom is set to 100% and that it is not being scaled in any way. Printed size should be 4.75 x 5.75 inches.

Size is 57.7 MB:
    TNG Episode Guides w/Loglines (S1-S7)

The download link will be active for 90 days. If you're reading this after January 20th, 2015 just PM me for a new link. :)

15. Maxwell Everett

ST:TNG Blu-ray Inserts - Season 1-7

[​IMG]

I wanted to make sure these got out there for those who have been waiting for them to be finished. Here are my completed inserts for the whole show, now with Season Seven included. They are CMYK, in Photoshop PDF format with embedded text. As before, each season has three styles to choose from (as seen above).

When you print, make sure your zoom is set to 100% and that it is not being scaled in any way. Printed size should be 4.75 x 5.75 inches.

Size is 65.7 MB:
    ST-TNG Blu-ray Inserts (S1-S7)

The download link will be active for 90 days. Hopefully I can get them on TrekCore permanently before then, however if not, and you're reading this after April 28th, 2015 just PM me for a new link. :)

16. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Maxwell Everett, can you please make a new thread with this link and a bit of historical explanation. That way, everybody visiting the thread will be able to get the whole excellent set. If you agree, I'll pin it and then un-pin this one.

17. Maxwell Everett

18. Frank-Lukas

Frank-Lukas Cadet Newbie

Hello Maxwell!

Greetings from Germany. Could you please send me the links from your "ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guide Inserts - Season 1-7" projekt?
    Unfortunately, I can't send you a private message.

Thank you in advance. And thank you very much for your effort. :)

Frank-Lukas