What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, just about every waking moment I have that I'm not at work is spent playing Fallout 4. Lol.

2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

What is so cool / good about Fallout? Never really played any except Fallout New Vegas and didn't really feel the appeal. Lots and lots of walking from place to place didn't excite me.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well, I played Dishonored for two nights and I got bored with it. I really can't stand stealth gameplay, and just charging in to fight people just gets me killed.

Next I'll play Fable Anniversary. I absolutely love 2 and 3 and I never played the original game, but I worry it won't hold up well since it's a remastered X Box Original game...

4. martok2112

For me, I love the exploration, and discovering new locations and situations.
    And using the tools at my disposal to determine if it's a benign or hostile situation. Also, the junk actually serves two purposes in this game....well, three: loot for money, ammo, or materials to craft weapon mods, armor mods, or stuff for your settlement(s). :)

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Fallout 4.

ROTTR is about to get delivered - which I'm dreading - and I'm tempted to get in on today's deal on Halo 5.

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY ANY OF THESE AND I STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE WITCHER KILL ME NOW

6. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been overdosing on Fallout 4 for the past week, but today I took a break to do the final episode of Telltale's Game of Thrones. Which was very entertaining, though it was less a decisive climax and more a lot of (very dramatic) setup for next season. The choices this time around were pretty effective, to a point where I almost don't want to do another playthrough of the game and discover how little they actually matter. And of course they had to make THAT moment a QTE so you can't look away while you're doing it...

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I started Fable Anniversary and it's not impressing me. I truly love Fable 2 and 3, they're some of my all time favorite games, mainly for the sense of humor. I've done a few hours of this game and it's story and writing is incredibly generic so far. Where's the parody and the comedy?

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You know, I was all set on finally uninstalling Skyrim for the last time and free up some HD space. So I just loaded it up to quickly just have a wander around for ten mins (I couldn't remember which house I left my family in.)

Three hours of questing later I look at the clock...bugger!

9. Gingerbread Demon

Hey how far do the frost giant things chase you in Skyrim?

I think that's what they were called I remember a youtube where a guy was running for what seemed like forever and couldn't shake them

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Don't recall. My character is something like lvl 105 so it's long past the time where giants are a threat. Seriously, I can just stand there blocking blows while my horse murders them all to death.

I do remember my first encounter with them involved getting splattered after trying to hide out of their reach atop a boulder, then running out of arrows trying to kill one. That game has such a wonky difficulty curve.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. That was pretty awesome. :D

12. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I think I've just passed 100 hours on Metal Gear Solid 5, having recently finished the Code Talker mission. It's probably the most time I've ever spent on a game. Some of those missions are unfeasibly difficult, and that applies to side ops as well as main missions.

I think I'll soon start on Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (which unlocks tomorrow). I'm also hoping to get back to Game Of Thrones and Life Is Strange. The Witcher 3 has been sitting on my hard drive for months, and I've pre-ordered both Hitman and Just Cause 3. Oh dear.

Oh, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both waiting in my Steam Library. And that XCOM game (the good one) is mostly unplayed. And...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. martok2112

The key with MGS5 is patience.... sometimes almost Job-like patience, but it definitely helps. :)

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Xbox One and 4K TV plus Mass Effect = Sweet!

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Well I would really love to be playing the new Need for Speed, got it as a present today, PS4 version but it won't let me bypass the Origin login like the PS3 versions and just play without it.

If this thing actually forces Origin to play, I'm sending it back to Amazon, but I'd like to know if there are any ways around it I can't seem to find through Google first?

A hack or bypass for the PS4 version would be nice.

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Don't think you can because it's an always online game. I had a go on the 20 hour trial on EA Access and I really didn't like it. Terrible live action acting in the cutscenes and Rivals and previous games were much better, IMO.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Rivals was a mountain of manure compared to Most Wanted (2012) and Hot Pursuit (2010).

2015 was worse than that?

Refund it is!

18. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Rivals either, but in my opinion it was much more fun. I quit and uninstalled NfS after about 2 hours, glad it was a free trial.

19. Gingerbread Demon

I bought The Crew. I regret purchase.

Not a bad game but not good either and the prologue takes forever if you can get past the first race meeting.

I wish there was a business where someone could play your game and get you past things like this and then you drop into the game and take over. I just want the freedriving unlocked.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I bought an X-Box One! So far I've gotten Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, A.C. Unity, A.C. Syndicate. I'll be hitting up Game Stop this morning for used games.