Star Trek: Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tranya, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Well i got this downloaded thankfully two days ago and i really am enjoying it, seemed to be working fine, no lag although the launcher froze the PC a good few times dead, all i have done so far are the first missions then went about killing ships in those red sectors, good stuff and great ship battles, unfortunately cant get on today at all, just been either server not responding or discounts.....:(...missing it already.:lol:

But from what i got of it i really enjoyed it.:)

2. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just reached LT10.... LTCDR and a new ship are within my grasp !! Out of curiosity, how much items do you guys keep in your inventory? If you get mark II weapons, do you sell your mark I weapons? I find that my inventory is constantly full.

3. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

depends, i normally keep it 75% full and and I get a better item I'll sell off the older one if I cant use it on one of the other two ships or if I might use it I'll stick it in the bank for a bit

4. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Every other mission I return to starbase to swap out items to my bank and sell off items that I have no more use for (mainly lower marks than my current stuff). My aim is always to keep my inventory as empty as possible and the only stuff I stor in it is food for Tribble breeding, consumable items (like shield batteries or hyposparys) and kits.

5. Bird of Prey

That's a really great idea. How does the bank work? Is it just a place where you can store items that you don't want in your inventory at the moment, but can retrieve them later? I saw the bank and fleet bank at the spacedock, but was unsure how they work. Are there any costs related to using the bank?

Thanks !! :techman:

6. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm still having an issue with memory alpha. I cannot find the so called science mission from Admiral Quinn. I have TONS of stuff to return to memory alpha but every time I go, LT whats her face calls me fat and makes me leave.

7. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I tend to sell off at Memory Alpha and look for upgrades at the Exchange.

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Admiral Quinn doesn't offer the Scientic Mandate mission until around Level 6 (LT6) - just FYI.

(Personally, while crafting has never been a big deal for me one way or the other - while I think the crafting mechanic is fine- the actual items available from the crafting vendors blow compared to what you can get by doing the Star Cluster Exploration missions or PvP. It would be beter for the game if the various systems completmented each other. I know they are working on a Crafting system overhaul atm, and I really hope they come up with a better selection, as I've stopped bothering with collecting 'anomolies all together.

9. Alpha Romeo

I'm LCDR 2...

10. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Memory Alpha sucks. I have a ton of anomaly stuff but the only person I can talk to is the first chick. The items she has are of no use to me anymore. So I too have stopped collecting.

11. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So what capability computer would you all recommend to play this game?

12. strikefalcon

strikefalcon Commodore Commodore

As long as you have a computer that was bought brand new about a year ago and has it's own video card, you'll be able to run it no problem.

Here are my specs to compare to:

intel core 2 duo cpu t6400 @ 2.00 ghz
    4 gb RAM

Windows Vista
    64-bit operating system

nvidia GeForce 9300m GS 512 MB dedicated video card

STO plays smoothly for me on medium graphic settings on a cable 20 megabyte/sec connection.

13. Alpha Romeo

a NEW Issue. On the last sub mission of "Ultimate Klingon." Says to go to the Korvat System. I go to the system, and nothing happens. Will not let me in.

Any ideas?

14. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am at the mission right now, it says Patrol Korvat System for me.

15. Alpha Romeo

Think it was a bug. Went to a PVP and came back and it was a different system I can access

16. strikefalcon

strikefalcon Commodore Commodore

I know there was one mission where I'm supposed to beam down to the planet surface to render aid, but no matter how close I get to the planet, I never get the beam down button activated. Major bug.

17. Bird of Prey

Was that in the Arucanis Arm sector where you are searching that area for unexplored systems? If so, I had the same issue. The planet was requesting 10 shield generators, and when I approached the planet to provide assistance, my ship hit the planet and nothing happened. I left that system and found another one to complete that mission, but there is definitely something buggy about that one system.

18. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

same here Akiraprise.

19. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On render aid missions you don't beam down. You have to go away and get (usually by buying) what they're after and then return there. When you enter the system they'll hail you again and say thank you and the mission is complete.

20. Alpha Romeo

Anyone have system crash issues in the last 24 hrs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.