Borg or Dominion??

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by pimp, Aug 19, 2008.

1. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

Hi there

Me and my brother were having an argument the other day on who would win a war between the Dominion and the Borg???

I chose the Borg and he went for Dominion, my argument was that the Borg would simply assimilate Jem'hadar soldiers and then you would end up with an unstoppably force of Jem'hadar/Borg soldier. My other argument was that the Dominion where defeated by the Federation but as for the Borg well did they ever defeat them or did the Borg just retreat back into the delta quadrant???

2. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the Borg assimilated a Founder, would the drone be like a T-X from Terminator 3?

Borg hardware endoskeleton covered by polymimetic nanoprobe-cybernetic biomatter?

*sigh* I can dream...

3. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

Lol that is a very nice thought but ain't the Borg cyborgs so they are both artificial and organic organism so I'm wondering if it will work on the changelings because they are not organic (or are they???).

4. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

It depends:

TNG Borg win. May lose a Cube or 2 but win goin' away.

Voyager Borg:Dominion wins in a route. Perhaps the Dominion could fight a proxy war by hiring out the Bajorans and Skreeeeeeeeeans to fight the Borg.

5. Rhody the Ram

Rhody the Ram Commander Red Shirt

Right. :-)

6. msbae

msbae Commodore

The Borg would just systematically assimilate everything in their path. The Dominion's only hope is if Starfleet comes to their aid and I'm hesitant to assume that would happen.

7. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Dominion are pretty advanced so if Starfleet can come up with a virus or whatever it was that had the potential to wipe out the Borg I don't see why the Dominion can't...plus the Dominion would have no issues with using it.

Or if a system fall they can always just blow it up.

8. Augustus

Augustus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I could see the Borg winning a lot of battles, but I could see the Dominion being so ruthless, ramming ships, blowing up whatever they could using whatever dirty weapons they could find, like a virus mentioned above, and win the war in the end...

9. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

Not necessarily.
    The Borg were mentioned in Scorpion having millions of ships.

I think the Dominion would essentially be overrun by the Borg regardless of how you put it.
    Besides, it's the Borg we're talking about ... eventually they will adapt and keep coming.
    Voyager Borg would also wipe the floor with the Dominion.
    Voyager was lucky most of the time in their encounters with the Borg, but they never defeated one of their large ships with brute force.
    The Interceptor in 'Dark Frontier' was an even match for Voyager which was eventually destroyed by beaming a torpedo on-board and detonating from inside.
    Same thing happened with the Sphere which was supposed to take Icheb.
    The crew never stood a chance with brute force alone and so they beamed a torpedo to a smaller ship which detonated inside the Sphere heavily damaging it in the process (but not destroying it).

From my perspective, the only time when Voyager was turned into an 'uber' ship was in Endgame.
    Also, must we really remind ourselves the Borg were continuously defeated by TNG crew?

10. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Must be Tuesday...

I propose a new acronym- YABDD- Yet Another Borg-Dominion Debate.

:)

11. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Well I really don't have the energy to post a full blown reply again, i've replied to so many threads asking this exact same question i've lost enthusiasm ;), so i'll simply tell you that the Dominion would win.

12. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Doms would win. Changelings are immune to assimilation. Plus the Doms are more flexible and creative in their thinking.

13. Sisko4Life

Sisko4Life Commander Red Shirt

The Dominion wins, hands down. It's no contest. Why? The Jem'Hadar and Vorta are genetically engineered so that they cannot be assimilated. Biologically, anything that enters their bloodstream is destroyed-including nanoprobes. It states specifically they are immune to poison on screen. This is the same situation as species 8472. What the Borg cannot assimilate they cannot understand or adapt to. Therefore it becomes a battle of conventional weapons in which case the Dominion pose much more of a threat then the Federation ever did. They clone at an alarming rate, the ram ships like its nothing, and their Phased Polaron Beams penetrate shields unless you come up with a countermeasure. The Borg cannot do that with no knowledge from assimilation. As powerful as the Borg are, they have their matches. Anything they cannot assimilate is bad news for them.

14. msbae

msbae Commodore

So many people underestimating the Borg around here... :rolleyes:

Speaking of assimilation, what if the Borg assimilated a Starfleet crewmember who had lots of experience with the Dominion. That might make things more interesting... :devil:

15. Lateralus

Lateralus Commander Red Shirt

I've gotta go with the Dominion.

The Dominion are close enough to Borg space that the two have likely been well aware of one another for quite a while, if not centuries. If the Borg had felt they were capable of subduing the Dominion, they would have likely already attempted it.

I'm sure any such war would be *incredibly* long (it would make the Alpha Quadrant war look like a fleeting thought), but the Dominion are incredibly ingenuitive and resourceful. And I would bet that, in its home quadrant, the Dominion war machine would be next to impossible to keep up with.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Dominion could defeat the Borg. But I'd say that I don't think the Borg could defeat the Dominion.

16. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to have to go with the Borg here. Even if they can't assimilate, they've still got massive numbers and firepower on their side. One Cube is enough to engage a good chunk of Starfleet for three days, and that's just a standard Cube, not an Armored Cube. Factor in how many vessels the Borg are bound to have in their fleet, and you've suddenly got a force that's both unstoppable and immovable.

However, it is important to note that the Federation's trusty defense against the Borg --remodulating shield harmonics-- were useless against the Dominion. I'd love to see how that plays out.

17. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I say the Borg would have the upper hand for awhile. The only problem is that I don't believe the Founders can be assimilated, although the Jem'Hadar can. The Borg would have a major problem figuring out the Dominion's secrets if they can't assimilate a Founder, since the Vorta only know so much.

However, Jem'Hadar Borg drones would be UNSTOPPABLE. Although I doubt the Borg would use their shrouding ability, since they have never used cloaking devices. There is also the possibility that the Dominion could eventually modify future Jem'Hadar warriors to be resistant to assimilation.

Both sides have the same ability to easily replenish their supply of soldiers, with the Borg just needing to assimilate some race along the way, and the Dominion just needing to plug in the 'ol cloner.

One thing that might backfire on the Dominion, however, would be if the Borg captured a Dominion cloning facility. That would potentially give them a big advantage (see Star Trek Armada).

18. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or they could just transport every drone through a two-way mirror and double their population count every few seconds.

We know that it would work because it's what happened with Riker.

Continuity's a bitch, huh? :devil:

19. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

Well thank you all for your reply's

I have read all of them and you all came up with good points about Borg and Dominion but i still think that the Borg will win at the end because they will simply adapted too quickly to Dominion technology and start to assimilate Jem'Hadar soldiers rapidly and the founders would be left with no Jem'Hadar to command. I know the Dominion breed Jem'Hadar quicker then the Federation can destroy them (i wonder who said that) but eventually the Borg will overwhelm the Dominion.

20. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

Creative in their thinking perhaps, but it's still questionable if Changelings are immune to assimilation ... which ultimately doesn't make a difference because the Borg could in that case decide to exterminate the Changelings instead of assimilating them (if it's not viable).

The Feds had to send a fleet after a single cube.
    If the Borg send 50 cubes to Dominion territory, they're dead.