Bacon Foil

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

You should market this to ThinkGeek, it'll go great with their bacon soap.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the bacon bandwagon I'm interested in. If I wanted a boring sheet without a taste sensation gimmick I would just use actual foil.

I don't think you understand how well loved bacon is. It's not like we can just turn away from that kind of force. People already know they are going to die, they want to die knowing they lived life to the full and for a lot of people that will include bacon.

3. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Pffft, bacon.

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Are you actually going to contribute anything to this thread or just make it your mission to ruin it for anyone trying to enjoy it?

5. Mr Silver

I did contribute, I contributed my take on how I feel about processed foods. The last bit was me signing off, at accepting defeat when it came to trying to convince teacake about the evils of bacon.

Besides, what have you contributed to this thread, other than some half-assed attempt at calling me out for voicing my opinion about something. I think you should stick to TNZ.

6. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

yes. this.

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Looked to me more like another drive-by.

Well, I was enjoying the thread just fine without you coming in with the intention of messing it up. I didn't feel the need to comment because I liked it just fine already. But then you kept making your anti-bacon posts (I can't believe I just had to type "anti-bacon," what the fuck, Internet?).

8. teacake

Bacon will always have enemies.

9. Mr Silver

:wtf:

As long as that doesn't become synonymous with me, I'm cool.

10. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

:lol:

11. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

[​IMG]

12. teacake

You do not wish to be known as the Anti-Bacon?

13. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

It's like the Anti-Pope. The true faith will always have its heretical foes.

14. Mr Silver

Hold on a minute...

Who said anything about me being the Anti-Bacon? Surely, bacon would be known as the Anti-Admiral M?

15. teacake

Bacon has no need of titles.

16. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok.. First off.. MIND. BLOWN... My love for bacon is only second (and sometimes equal to) the love I have for my children...

I'm on a major diet to lose 60 lbs .(I'm currently down 35!) so bacon is off the menu, sadly...

Second.. Teacake.. What frozen pizzas are these that you speak of.. I've yet to find one that actually featured dripping cheese...

17. teacake

I was eating this one tonight:

http://www.mccain.com.au/products_s...a-snacks_margherita-pizza-slices-600g_94.aspx

It reaches a certain point about 3 minutes past being done where the cheese starts sliding off.. this makes for delicious crispy cheese outlining the rectangle but if it was on an oven rack a lot of it would be lost. LOST.

I eat these thickly covered in chillie flakes.

They are much better and thicker and cheesier than in the picture, which is kind of weird.

18. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Okay. Agreed. But...

...why are you a vegetarian then?

Good nutrition =/= Vegetarianism.

19. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not very fond of bacon (what a surprise) but now I want to eat some.

20. Mr Silver

Well, I've never particularly like meat and I can get the same nutritional benefits from a vegetarian diet, as I can from one that includes the consumption of meat.

There are far more benefits that goes with being a vegetarian too. For instance, I would say that it's much easier to handle a calorie controlled diet as a vegetarian. Meat can be filling because of the high protein content, but that's only one part of the equation.

Protein isn't as important as people make out. Sure, you need to consume some everyday as part of your diet, but you don't need to be eating vast amounts of it. Eating foods with high water content, such as soups, vegetable casseroles and salads is just as filling as eating meat and without the high calories from fat or the bad stuff that comes with meat. Meat may contain more protein, but vegetables give you more protein per calorie percentage than meat. Essentially, you are getting more of the good stuff from vegetables.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter whether a person chooses to eat meat or be a vegetarian, all that matters is looking past the manufactured bullshit and eating the best you can. If not for yourself, for the next generation.