X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This week are the last showings in my area. I know we've been thinking precautions from Fox. However, if the film had done well, or bigger and better numbers at least, it would probably still be in theaters, right? So maybe when things turned out soft for a variety of reasons. they decided to push the video instead ahead of competition?

I asked MovieStop on the facebook if they will be doing reserves for First Class, and they said yes you can pre-order today, but more information on which covers and treats will follow. You would think they would just make the set double sided with both covers that fold out.

And you know, Banshee and Riptide are not on their respective covers. It makes more sense to have Banshee instead of Moira and Riptide could replace Angel. Kind of ironic if Fassbender and Kravitz break up, she'd still be stuck next to his face on that cover forever! Actually, not really sure why they are pressing to have the weaker folks on the covers at all. Mystique and Beast on one and Bacon and Frost on the other in larger lead shots would have been better.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it were up to me I'd not even bother including any other mutants other than Charles or Erik on the covers.

3. KB24

Yeah. The lesser mutants were the worst part of the movie. As much as they are trying to create a choose Erik or Charles, I guess they are also trying to show there are young cool hip diverse mutants, too.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/x-men-first-class-blu-ray-and-dvd-arrive-september-9th

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/x-men-first-class-dvdblu-ray-cover-art-and-specs/

Articles now are saying you can pre order at the Fox website, but some of the ladies on the MFO board said nothing happens yet when you go there. So either the site only works during comic con or you have to enter some sort of CC ticket or something to get the treats maybe?

Also, it worries me that they are pushing the blu ray and digital copy, and then after thought saying the DVD is $18. All the features, some 2 hours of extras, are listed as 'the blu ray will have'... implying the major features are only on the bd. That trend is really starting to stink.

4. Admiral_Young

I'm still waiting to hear about special features. I assume those will be announced on the weekend during SDCC. I really am hoping for a Matthew Vaughn commentary, he's done them before and I don't think he's busy prepping his next project yet (I don't even think he's chosen his next project yet either) so I don't see why he couldn't record one.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Singer pulls a Houdini with all copies of Last Stand.

6. Admiral_Young

7. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it would be nice to know which of those features are on the DVD. I do both BR and DVD, but since I don't have an HD TV, which I buy is based one price difference and special features, and I would like to be able to plan out which I want to get in advance.

9. KB24

You can pre order both now from the website, and it has the picture of the dvd with no features details beyond the behind the scenes of course.

http://www.foxconnect.com/x-men-first-class-dvd-widescreen.html

http://www.foxconnect.com/x-men-first-class-blu-ray-widescreen.html

It only give you the t-shirt option and then adds a video to your cart, so I'm hoping they realize that you are picking the t-shirt to match the cover. So weird. ETA: Movie Stop is saying that the blu ray is a double sided cover, so Comic Cons big thing is just the t-shirt, then, not separate limited individual blu rays?

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

What is this Twilight?

11. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I believe that's what they're mocking, yes.

12. KB24

They should have had this mocking campaign and merchandising flair *before* the film was in theaters, not *after*. I'm going to Movie Stop tomorrow, and if they have something special with the reserve, I'll do it there. If not, I might get the Fox thing. A shirt and a blu-ray for $25 is actually a really good price. Trouble, is, I kind of don't like the t-shirt. Do you really want to go somewhere with 'Peace was never an option' on your back? I would much rather have seen the main players' character posters on some swag. Sigh.

13. Admiral_Young

They should have done a lot of things to market the film that they didn't...including starting the marketing quicker (that much I agree with you now KB) but like some have said they were cautious and probably weren't expecting much from the film. I think the critical acclaim caught them by surprise to be honest.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Typical that they give the good guy the ugly shirt. :p

15. KB24

Saw this again today for the fourth time with my nieces! Actually, they favored Xavier all the way. One seemed to like it more than the other, but they were glad it was not focused on Wolverine. Though they did keep asking where Cyclops and Storm were and they agreed the end battle was weak thanks to having all the kid mutants. One says 3 stars, the other 4. And they did ask if there was a sequel!

16. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I still need to see this for a second time.
    I've still got some opportunities as it's not yet at the $1 theaters here and still showing in the small theaters(150 seater) at our 27 cinema megaplex. It's just a little bit away from $145m domestic.

17. KB24

Amazing its still making money 8 weeks out and under 300 theaters. Did Potter really drop 72%? That's surprising.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Not really. All the Potter movies have had huge drops in their second weeks, because everyone rushes out to see them opening weekend. They've always been very front-loaded.

19. KB24

Okay, in addition to the one cover or the other limited edition blu rays with all the features, apparently there is going to be a stripped down blu ray as well? Plus the plain jane dvd? All the cover art looks like it is out and for pre order on Amazon, and it isn't the same as the set being offered with the t-shirt at CC.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...ay_Cover_Art_For_IX-Men_First_Classi_Revealed

http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-First-Class-Digital-Blu-ray/dp/B004LWZW4C/ref=ed_oe_blu

I hate double dipping videos. And it looks like Amazon prices are almost double what the deal with the t-shirt is. Hmph.

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The film placed #20 this week but crossed the $145m mark domestically and is just under $1m of hitting $350m worldwide.