Funniest Lines/Moments

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hux, Jan 6, 2015.

1. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why?

The joke is self explanatory plus the doctor had to create hair for Seven so he has some experience

Though he does make a lot of jokes about his baldness and I distinctly remember an interview with Gene Rodenberry and Patrick Stewart where they were was asked....."is it realistic that baldness wouldn't have been cured by the time of TNG"....and Roddenberry replied....."in the future people won't care"

Seems that the bald jokes on Voyager would contradict that

2. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From ashes to ashes:

Janeway: [commander tuvok] presented me with 37 different ways to repel a Koboli attack.
    Ensign Ballard: Did he include your pot roast?

:lol:

3. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

Why would a hologram be bald unless he wanted to? So he can look like Janeway if he wants to but growing hair is out of the question? There are things that check my limits and this is one of them.

4. hux

Then he clearly does want to. He's based on Zimmerman (so bald) and doesn't care enough about the way he looks to change it (despite the jokes)

You might as well ask the same of Picard or any bald man in the future (including Zimmerman) they don't care, it doesn't matter

5. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

Yet, the Doctor has hair in Kes' alternate future... He also has a name... Van Gogh.

6. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

^^
    So I suppose that his name is Doctor Lewis Shmullus Van Gogh Zimmerman? ;)

7. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

I don't think he's ever been called, Lewis Zimmerman. In The Swarm it was a diagnostic program that called itself that way but that program sacrificed itself so that the doctor could continue to function in a way that is completely incomprehensible btw, and when I say incomprehensible what I mean is wtf!!!

8. Lynx

In the books "The Escape" and "Violations" he is referred to as "Doctor Zimmerman".

Since both those books were written before any episodes were aired and the authors only had scripts and photos of the main characters, I assume that the intial idea was that he should have that name.

Personally I do think that Lewis Shmullus Zimmerman would be a good name for The Doc.

9. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

In fact back in late '94 at least one magazine touting the new Star Trek Voyager on the horizon, the authors called the character Dr. Zimmerman.

In Heroes and Demons, the EMH tells Janeway he's narrowed the name hunt down to 3 possibilities and she tells him to try one while in the holodeck to feel "more" like a Starfleet officer. :bolian:

I did NOT expect this to be one of his top 3 choices. :rolleyes:

FREYA: Only a warrior would seek that which others flee. What is your name?
    EMH: I'm glad you asked. My name is Schweitzer. Doctor Schweitzer.
    FREYA:
    Schweitzer. A hero's name.

I confess I've always had a soft spot for Schmullis. :adore:

10. JanewayRulz!

If you stopped early you missed some really funny lines...

SICKBAY:

TORRES: I'm not sure how I feel about getting inside Tom's head.
    EMH: Maybe you'll be able to explain a few things when you get back.

...and the final scene, also in sickbay.

TORRES: The important thing is, you woke up.
    PARIS: Yeah. Thanks for being my alarm clock.
    TORRES: Any time.
    PARIS: From now on, I promise no more affairs with strange ships.
    TORRES: What about the Delta Flyer?
    PARIS: We're just friends. :p

11. Lynx

Me too. That's why I always refer to him as Lewis Shmullus Zimmerman. :bolian:

On the other hand, a name which stuck for me for some reason was Doctor Neffaler. Not that he would have chosen that one. It was from my favorite Star Trek book "The Black Shore" where the villains used that as an insult to everyone they disliked. The Neffaler were a species which were enslaved by the villains. Anyway, when the villains tried to take over Voyager, two of them encounter The Doctorand the whole scene where The Doctor taunts them and finally defeats them is both hilarious and entertaining, considering the fact that those villains made The Borg look like a bunch of well-behaved schoolkids.

One of those villains called The doctor "Neffaler" and The Doctor replied: "That's Doctor Neffaler to you and I can't say that I care much for that as a name".

So I don't want to use that name for him. But I used the name "Doctor Neffaler" on a sports forum for a while (unfortunately that forum doesn't exist anymore) and no one could figure out why I used that name or what it meant.

As for names, I sometimes use the name Naomi Greskrendtregk Wildman for Naomi because her father's name was Greskrendtregk and according to the episode "Deadlock" it was a name that Samantha considered for her.

12. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

From The Swarm:

13. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

I never realized this. :lol:

Attached Files:

14. Catarina

LoL, I did. but then again all the moms were driving them. I think it's more fun that the Paris first assignment out of prison is driving a ship named the same as a mini van. men protest the loudest. I saw it a lot at Babies R us when they realize that third car seat meant a mom mobile :-)

15. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

Zimmermann thought that Voyager was named "Pioneer".:lol:

16. hux

It's worth repeating

17. Catarina

Why did I assume that ship had sound proof walls by then? Haha. Yes, I contemplated it.

18. JanewayRulz!

Don't forget B'Elanna's response!

TORRES: I want all the data you've collected. :klingon:
    SEVEN: I haven't completed the study. :borg:
    TORRES: Then study this. Borg provokes Klingon, Klingon breaks Borg nose.
    NEELIX:
    B'Elanna.
    TORRES: Call Sickbay. Tell them there's about to be a medical emergency. :bolian:

They do. ;)

19. hux

I wanted to believe that Tom & B'Elanna were aggressive animals in the sack but then I remembered that episode where ensign thingy complains about Kim's clarinet playing.

Thin walls (so probably just Tom screaming a little)

20. Catarina

Good.