January Art Challenge- Finn

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Finn, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I'll be super busy soon so I put a rush to this contest. It is only preliminary but here's a sketchUp image of the Engineering room, with the HUGE warp core

[​IMG]

2. Finn

Here's a screenshot of a second attempt. The warp core is still huge. I have those glass panels now, like we saw on the NuBridge in ST09. It is still far from being done

[​IMG]

3. Finn

Couldn't sleep so I worked on it a bit more

[​IMG]

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting so far, but difficult to tell what's going on in these pics, or what angle they're taken from.

5. Finn

The last one has a work area to the left. The blue warp core is above the work area (actually the outside casing, since the warp core itself is contained inside, for protection and easier ejection). The vertical bright blue column to the right is the Dilithinum Chamber.

As for the angle, No idea which way the camera is facing in relation to the ship :lol: I just created an Engine Control room. The room in the back is just some work stations, systems and other access to other parts of the Engineering department

6. Finn

Third attempt

I decided to make it seem more spacious. I kept the glass panels. I'll do the touch ups as I go, but here a preview. I like this one better.

[​IMG]

7. Finn

With some touch ups. I'm gonna leave this alone for a while. Lot of things going on starting in the next few days.

[​IMG]

8. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Hey, there you go! The element of the JJ-Prize that I most think should be retained is the expansiveness of it. So I think this direction is a good one...

--Alex

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I agree. I love the open look