Are the changes to TOS lore here to stay?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by albion432, May 4, 2014.

1. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Meh, not really. It was all of two episodes and had a reset button at the end. Nice, clean and tidy, just like everything in ST: VOY.

2. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reset button aside, it wasn't too bad. The biggest problem was that we only saw it in clipped highlights - YOH really should have been a season long saga as originally intended.

I also nominate The Void as an example of what the series should have been about all along. However, although the episode didn't suffer the indignity of a reset button at the end, it was rather self contained.

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Actually, I feel the opposite: I'm glad YOH was only a two-parter. If they had an entire season devoted to that (even if they did the reset button at the end of it), IMHO it would have turned off many viewers, who weren't watching the show for that kind of grittiness.

Now this, however, I can totally agree with. Voyager creating a mini-Federation with several DQ species would have been a much better way to go than the self-contained episodic format UPN decided on.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Which is why my contribution to Pocket Books's alternate-history Myriad Universes series, Places of Exile, was built around pretty much that very thing. "The Void" was probably one of my inspirations -- or maybe just a taste of what I'd already been wishing for even before then.

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I remember reading your story contribution. Along with the alternate-TOS story, it was my favorite of the bunch.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral