50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Interested in the image of Tennant in his TARDIS. I really didn't think we'd get him inside his machine, at best him and Rose stepping out of it. His console set was at the Doctor Who Experience at Cardiff Bay, I wonder if they filmed it there, do they have another, or was it moved to a studio?

2. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Said it many times... the payoff of the 50special will be a way round the regen limit.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Tennant's console room scenes were shot at the Doctor Who Experience in a single day.

4. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Here are the individual character portraits for Tennant and Hurt that were used for the SFX cover:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Larger versions here

5. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda funny to have a 73 year old John Hurt pose like that? Who's he gonna beat up? Daleks?

6. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe he's remembered his Venusian Aikido?

7. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

The Doctor goes on a prohibited secret adventure with his future and former selfs every second Sunday, which is why he pretends Sundays are boring. There is one particular future self that embarrasses him and makes him blush. If only they aired those Sundays from time to time.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think you're right, although that doesn't stop things impacting on us. Even though I'd been spoiled about River being Amy's daughter, that scene still gives me chills no matter how many times I watch it.

But...call me naive, but I actually really think he means it this time...

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Maybe it's not meant to be threatening but he's just cracking his arthritic knuckles.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yup. And...The Name of The Doctor gave us a previously unknown Doctor Incarnation, unless that is wiped away with a Cosmic reboot, that pretty much changes things forever. So, unless there is a reset that wipes out HurtDoctor, it was the absolute truth in The Name of The Doctor

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That would be too awesome. Hai!

12. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I do think Moffat is going to swing big this time. He'll either hit a homerun or miss it completely. I get the impression that he really feels like he's setting the series up for the next 50 years. I'm not sure that's even feasible because no single story has done that in the past 50.

However, I get the sense he wants to write a story that contributes as much to the entire series as much as say War Games and The Deadly Assassin.

With Assassin, I don't just mean the regeneration limit but the Time Lord culture.

Despite some stories that were meant to be epic in the new series, I don't think there were really any that changed and contributed to the series as much as a few of the classics.

I think Moffat is trying to change that!

Mr Awe

13. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, it is the 50th anniversary. If there's a place to be truthful about game-changing, this is it. Not that there's anything wrong with a 50th anniversary that's focusing on other things than being game-changing.

14. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd love this to be true, but Moffat really does tend to play it safe with the status quo. I can't see it happening.

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah he's probably overstating things once again, but I've really enjoyed his other twists and surprises so as long as we get something similarly fun and clever I'll be happy.

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Apparently there's finally going to be a trailer tomorrow, after Strictly...

Or not, since the person saying so seems to be changing their mind.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  17. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So there will definitely be a trailer. Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly.

Or not.

18. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

According to the official site, there will indeed be a 50th Anniversary trailer airing after Strictly Come Dancing, but it won't contain any footage from the upcoming special.

In addition to the trailer announcement, BBC has released some new 50th Anniversary artwork:

[​IMG]

19. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Why? Please, BBC, I would like to know why. You're coming up to one month out, and you're STILL with-holding footage on these "trailers" when the comic con people got footage MONTHS ago. What is the point of this crap? Why even announce it?

Put up or shut up at this point. Or at least stop issuing press releases until you actually have a PROPER trailer to show. Because this is beyond ridiculous.

If I wanted to see a 50th Anniversary mashup of all the Doctors that didn't actually include footage from the episode, there's several on Youtube that are well done, which I've already seen.

Show us the real trailer already, or release it all at once as one 4-5 minute trailer. Is that so hard?

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I got to agree. A special trailer that doesn't actually include any footage seems a stupid thing to do, given two separate trailers with footage exist.

Meanwhile, that is one nice image of the eleven Doctors.