Why TNG will never surpass TOS

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by izarian, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izarian

izarian Ensign Red Shirt

Because TOS is...human...and not some stiff politically correct joke like TNG. The men act like emasculated weeners and the women act like they're frigid...except for Deanna Troi and Beverly Crusher...and the uninhibited Lwaxana Troi ain't too shabby either.;) There is nothing real about it. People are gonna take the TOS women anyday in their uniform skirts as opposed to TNG "women" in their unisex longjohns. :guffaw:

2. Locutus  of  Board

Locutus of Board Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

3. izarian

izarian Ensign Red Shirt

Why didn't Data and the boyishly handsome Riker never get married?:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I think they made more TNG episodes than TOS episodes, but I may be wrong...

5. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Picard is just more stiff, he has a different command style.

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly I think TNG will never surpass TOS because when i was growing up in the 90s I noticed that pop culture seems to be more familiar with TOS than TNG and I'm not getting any feeling that this has changed much if at all.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

TNG has surpassed TOS in terms of my own personal enjoyment, and that's all that really matters to me.

8. izarian

izarian Ensign Red Shirt

Yeah right, whenever somebody says the truth they're a troll. What I'm sayin' is pretty damn obvious. Why then the slouching back to TOS with the 2009 Abrams movie??? Why the half-assed attempt to get back to basics? I'll tell ya why. Because the liberals in Hollywood and paramount went too far with the cerebral unisex longjohns HS, that's why. You got women acting so uptight they seen frigid and men scared to death to look at any woman in a sexually suggestive way for risk of offending their human dignity. What liberal hypersensitive HS. You sure didn't have that hypersensitive politically correct BS overshadowing the production of TOS back in the 1960s. That is why TOS will always be better. But that's the way paramount wanted it. Who told them to put TOS out to pasture with Undiscovered Country? Nobody. Who told them to knock off Kirk in Generations? Nobody. Now Shatner is too old and fat to play Kirk. I'm open-minded. Put some 30-ish actors in front of some spiffy ipanels and have them act like men and I'll buy it....and some space babes with enough basic intelligence to keep their mouths shut while the men handle things and I'll buy that too. This hyper-progressive Aldous Huxley crap just ain't gonna work anymore...but you can't tell paramount that. They'll blow another 200 million on a 2nd Abrams movie before they'll learn.:lol: p.s. I'm a troll for sayin' all this, right?:devil:

9. grabthars hammer

grabthars hammer Captain Captain

this subject got covered in a line in Waynes World, didn't it?

10. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Everything surpassed TOS...a long time ago

11. izarian

izarian Ensign Red Shirt

If the villain in the next JJ Abrams "Star Trek" is Khan...will he be immune to lens flares?:rofl:

12. izarian

izarian Ensign Red Shirt

special effects wise, yes. viable human drama-wise, no.

13. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

An opinion is one person's truth.

Both shows are a product of their time. I love them both. If you like one more than the other, good for you. For me, they both offer something different to ponder.

14. Maple Dog

Maple Dog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The worste thing in TNG,was in the first season,guys wearing girls uniform,WTF was that about?

15. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

To show that it wasn't the 20th-Century anymore and that people in that time didn't make a big deal about it.

16. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

They did that in many other ways. They hit you on the head with it in The Neutral Zone.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

18. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Right. But I'm confused. Are you implying that it was HS, or BS, or both, and how do they differ?

19. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would think that someone with antiquated views of gender roles such as yours would also oppose gay marriage, but with that double negative, I'm not sure if you mean it or not.

20. Maple Dog

Maple Dog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Didn't they shown that in TOS,with the weird fashion of the future? :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.