Teaser coming very soon?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Gojira, Jul 13, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

And oh baby it's sooooo good.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The TOS Blu-Rays had the trailer for the new movie in front of them. CBS and Paramount may be separate entities, but they're both invested in having the franchise succeed.

3. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder whether there will be anything with the theatrical showings of remastered TNG episodes. You'd think we'd have heard if there were, but given the lack of information that's been released so far, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't hold my breath about the theatrical screenings of the TNG episodes. We most certainly would have heard about something by now, such a fact would likely be used to try and draw people in.

Indeed, I suspect that when the trailer is finally released we're likely going to have trailers for the trailer during the preceding week, just like Prometheus and Spider-Man.

The days of surprise are behind us. Trailers don't come out of the blue anymore, they are announced prior to the audience seeing them. Even Abrams and his Cohorts follow this. Hell, one of the Cohorts worked on Prometheus, which had trailers for the trailer.

5. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

I hope a trailer for star trek 2013 comes out soon....I saw the recent Man of Steel trailer and I was bored to tears. Maybe I am just superhero fatigue (watching Avengers, Dark knight rises and Amazing Spiderman in the space of 2 months was great but exhausting) I want my science fiction films back in cinema.

I know JJ will deliver

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I know, but when Orci says "soon", it doesn't mean anything.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think at least two of the three films you list above would qualify as science-fiction. :techman:

8. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I would like to know how soon "very soon" is. Actually, since the time of the OP, the teaser must be coming very, very soon.

9. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

I guess so since peter parker/spiderman is a science geek and tony stark and bruce banner from avengers are both scientists.

However I am talking about science fiction films that NASA actually respects and like to reference a lot ....in other words STAR TREK.

So yeah bring on the trailer for Star Trek 2013:mallory:.

10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Still doesn't mean he has a "major time management problem".

He gets pressed for an answer, so he tries to give an answer we'd like to hear, and that he's allowed to give. Imagine the furor if he simply answered "No comment" to every request.

And why are you worried? IIRC, you disliked the last film and hold little/no hope for the next one?

Bored by a 30-second trailer? You must bore easily.

11. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Yeah. What does he do with all of his time? He seems to be accomplishing nothing in life.

12. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

If you can cry while your head explodes, teacake, I can't wait to see what you're capable of when the film releases!

13. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

^ You know, I'm kind of expecting Teacake to give off so much energy upon the film release that we no longer have to worry about our natural resources...we will simply harness her "emissions" :-)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  14. Matt S

Matt S Lieutenant Red Shirt

The teaser for Trek 09 was cool - showing a little moment not in the actual movie is the way to go

15. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I said before that we would definitely see a teaser by the end of July (July being the ComicCon month).
    Abrams has until the end of today to make me an honest man, although I'm not holding my breath.

16. Shikarnov

Shikarnov Rear Admiral Premium Member

Pittsburgh, PA - (TX, CT, & RF in years past)
    I wouldn't expect much from a teaser... When 09's teaser came out, it was entirely custom made and contained nothing from or about the movie.

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Well, it didn't have any footage from the movie, but it did have brief footage of the new Enterprise.

18. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Teaser trailers often do differ from other movie trailers in that respect -- i.e., teasers often don't contain any film footage, usually because teaser trailers sometimes come out even one year prior to the film's release, and hence, there is no footage to include. Teasers also may contain next-to-nothing about the film's plot.

In the case of this film, there probably is some footage that has already gone through editing that may be included in a teaser -- but I wouldn't be surprised if it is very little to none...

...that's why "Teaser Trailers" are their own separate thing.

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Where is the FUCKING TRAILER!!!!

That is all..

RAMA

20. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Were almost still a year away from release. Very few films get a teaser that far in advance. A few films that are expected to be monsters will get an a very early teaser (see Dark Knight or The Hobbit), but while Trek did very well, its still not a to that level even in the US, let alone globally.

For the 2009 the only reason we got a teaser so early is because it was released before Paramount decided that the film should be shown in the Summer and not Christmas break. Otherwise we would have had to wait another 6 months for that teaser.