Billie Piper not involved in 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/d...s-out-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-return.html

Ah well.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, I didn't even think about the possibility of companions coming back for the 50th anniversary. Of course this could explain how they bring back Tennant, and how both of them are on that distant world.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Huzzah!

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

It's a shame she's not returning if for no other reason than because she was pivotal to the show's successful return. That being said, I'm not going to loss any sleep over it.

Why wouldn't companions come back? Technically, having the companions return makes more sense than previous incarnations of The Doctor.

Of course, this is Doctor Who, so I expect everything including the kitchen sink. :p

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind...

6. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I didn't really like Rose, but it wouldn't have hurt to have her guesting.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Of all the characters that I don't want to come back, Rose is at the top of my list. I actually like Rose, but she's one of the few people that actually managed to get a legitimate goodbye. Let's just leave her alone in her little alternate universe.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Some would say multiple legitimate goodbyes!

9. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good!

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

She said that about season 4 as well

I hope we've seen the last of her though

11. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Hopefully, she doesn't show up.

12. BoxWhatBox

BoxWhatBox Commander Red Shirt

Rose, Amy, and Rory are three companions I never need to see again! I loved them all in their own special way, but they had their runs and its time to move on. I'd like to see Donna again just to make sure she's doing well (not a speaking role, just Matt watching her from a distant). Martha I wouldn't mind seeing again as head of UNIT or something. Capt Jack, only if he's sporting a bow and arrow.

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Producer/Director etc.. of 50th Anniversary special to guest cast: If anybody asks you are NOT involved.

Though I'm not really expecting to see many of the companions who have featured since the shows return.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Captain Jack and River Song need an adventure together. Period.

Of the "old" companions, Martha is really the only one that has any reason to show up again, assuming she still works for UNIT.

That said, Tennant's "final tour" in the The End of Time pretty much gave us closure for all of his companions. There's no necessary reason to re-open their stories.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I like Rose, but I'm not sad if we don't see her. She already had one comeback. Let's leave room for others instead.

16. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

never had a problem with Rose...that being said i'm not disappointed she isn't returning. i'd rather a companion from the classic series return instead. like Jamie or Ace.

17. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh well. We'll see her when the "Rose Tyler Adventures" show premieres in 2045 anyway.

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh all the living companions could come back and it will probably be good. The thing is though everyone's been talking about what Doctors are coming back I totally forgot about the whole thing with the Companions.

Also, a good thing about a Rose come back might not be rose, but more along the lines of getting Mickey back too. That would be nice.

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

TBH, you need *one* companion return in the 50th- William Russell as Ian.

Maybe two if you want to give Carole Ann Ford a cameo.

That's it- first to go with the current one... Bookends. And that's what I'd do.

20. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well as much as I think I'd like to see Rose again - I agree her arc was pretty well wrapped up. But then again... she was still the first modern series companion. And she does have a Doctor of her own with a baby Tardis too - so it's feasible that they could crop up somehow.

I'd even think it'd be interesting if somehow there was some massive anomaly that basically somehow, 11 encounters a lot of his previous selves or their companions. Doesn't even have to be some 'BIIIIIG' story - could be wrapped up in a two parter or a special. I'm sure there's got to be some English or American or Aussie actors that can 'resemble' any of the previous Doctors long enough for a quick cameo. Heck, I'd even be happy if he just reverted to each of his previous incarnations during the story and then shoot forward back to 11.

Even if we dont' see companions - or maybe only briefly. Heck they could even repurpose some old footage, just remaster it and clean it up so it fits better and it could be a fitting 50th anniversary tribute and only takes one or two episodes to resolve. Could even be sold/packaged as a special unto itself.