Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Here's a bigger version. Nice idea, but the layout is horrible.

3. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not bad. I couldn't believe the Romulan drone was really that tiny.

Assuming whoever made this plans on updating it, what on earth are they going to do about the Voth city ship??? :lol:

4. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I dunno. Is it bigger than the Borg cube in the background?

5. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

What issues are US subscribers at right now? I just called Eaglemoss to "catch up" to wherever US subscribers are at now.

6. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just got issues 56 & 57. It should have been 57 & 58. The shipment for September or October, I only got issue 51.

7. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

That sounds about right as I was already charged for issues 52 & 53 yesterday and I believe she stated they were sending out four more ships. Those would be 54, 55, 56 & 57. They did call back and say these wouldn't be shipped out until next week.

8. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

It's thinner but longer. According to Ex Astris, Scientia, the cube is 3km long on every side, the city ship is flatter but 10km IIRC. EAS has size comparison "fleet charts", too.

9. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As mentioned yes its much longer then one cube, of course the picture includes the tactical cube and the regular cube as well. So I assume that they'll either expand the image a little more to make up that difference or just have that ship at an angle, which the cubes are also at.

10. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I received in my mail today a package from Eaglemoss containing the shuttle set. Problem is that I ordered one on Black Friday and then received it in early December. I also was never charged for this second set.

So I now have a free extra set of shuttles. I don't know if I should call and "complain" or just shut-up and enjoy my free bonus shuttles.

11. Brefugee

Why on earth would you complain? Why not be honest, send it back, thank them for sending a second lot and let them send it out to someone who hasn't gotten them.

That's what I did with the second lot I received the day after my first lot.

12. t_smitts

I bought the Jem'Hdar attack ship (I don't like calling it a "fighter" or a "bug") from a nearby collectible store yesterday. (I wanted to get one more before the year's end and it was the only one there I didn't have).

Not bad, but I think I like think I like the Furuta one a bit better. The "shell" on the back half is a bit lopsided, which is quite evident when you look at the ship head-on (it had ridges on the front edge that make it hard to miss).

Still, it's good to have any Dominion ship (I still hope they do the giant Jem'Hadar battleship)

13. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Any one in the US receive an email about the Kelvin yet?

If you call them up, they will apologize and say it was there mistake so you can keep it at no cost. They did that when I got not one extra DS9, but two extras.

14. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

They let me keep the weird pink pig-face cake mold (that they sent me instead of the Tholian ship) as well- trouble was finding somebody else to give it too...

15. Brefugee

Which is why I didn't call them, I found a postal address and sent it back with a little note saying that I already have one lot.

16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

:lol: Man, you gotta post a pic of that thing. I can sort of envision what it looks like but I am genuinely curious.

17. t_smitts

Well, they're presumably not interested in paying the expense of having it shipped back, or alienating a customer by asking them to cover it.

On another note, I did a year-end indulgence and bought the Defiant and Equinox on eBay. It's a rather expensive way to acquire the older ships, but probably still the cheapest.

This means that, like the Jem'Hadar attack ship, I'll now have three different Defiants: Micro Machine, Furuta, and Eaglemoss. (Technically four, since I had two from the Micro Machines).

I'm really looking forward to these. Apart from the pennant on one of the nacelles pointing the wrong way, the Defiant is supposed to be pretty good, and it'll be nice to have an Equinox that actually rests on its stand (the Furuta one I got a couple of years back came with a stand that had a piece broken off :confused: )

Looking forward to those arriving.

18. Brefugee

Good god. I paid like a fiver out of my own pocket which is hardly anything.

19. t_smitts

Not everyone's as willing or able to do so.

20. Brefugee

I fully understand, the first, that's not my problem if people are self entitled arseholes, the second, if you can't afford to send something back at barely any cost, don't order the expensive thing in the first place.