Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

DECADES is showing an episode of The Green Hornet with Jeffrey Hunter as a villain.

ETA: And a few episodes later, there's good ol' Paul Carr. And yep, he dies.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

An ancient episode of Danger Man featuring William Marshall as a suave African revolutionary:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CRM-114 likes this.
  3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Does anyone here know which episode of "The Lieutenant" features Grace Lee Whitney?

IMDB is no help, and I do not currently have the DVDs of this show.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

5. Forbin

I neglected to mention (because I had to look it up to make sure), that episode of Mannix with Madlyn Rhue also featured Peter Brocco as the don of the crime family. He was one of the old geezers on the council in Errand of Mercy.

6. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow... William Marshall acting opposite Patrick McGoohan. That must've been fun. :techman:

CRM-114 likes this.
  7. The Old Mixer

Lots of Trek actors getting their kicks on Route 66 in this weekend's DECADES Binge. The current episode has a prominent guest-starring role for Arlene Martel (credited as Arline Sax).

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Second-season finale of Batman on MeTV tonight -- Leslie Parrish and Elisha Cook, Jr. both appear.

9. The Old Mixer

De Kelley's getting some lesser-billed kicks in the current episode.

[ETA: I missed at the time that Arthur (Lt. D'Amato) Batanides was also in the episode...didn't place him.]

DECADES is showing The Shat in its commercials, but they won't be getting to his episode in this weekend's Binge. (Or the Glenn Corbett episodes in general, for that matter.) This weekend, we just have to settle for the likes of Leslie Nielsen, Jack Lord, Anne Francis....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  10. Christopher

Weren't both Nielsen and Lord candidates for the lead in Star Trek?

11. Forbin

My wife was watching some Ray Bradbury Theater last night, and happened upon a 1985 episode starring Shatner. "The Playground" was about a grown man haunted by the ghosts of playground bullies from his childhood, and the fear that his own son would suffer the same trauma.

12. The Old Mixer

I've heard that Lord was. As for Nielsen, he's the illegitimate father of Trek captains for his role in Forbidden Planet...which Anne Francis was also in. Hence they all have relatively strong Trek associations for actors who never appeared on the show.

I actually went to sleep while last night's Nielsen episode was on, which is too bad, because I was interested to see how it turned out. He was a scientist who was convinced by clues her perceived in his correspondence with a Russian colleague that a nuclear attack was imminent, so he gathered together some people, supplies, and animals to camp out in the Carlsbad Caverns.

13. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Sally Kellerman played two characters in The Outer Limits, I only remembered her from The Bellero Sheild.

- The Human Factor (1963) ... Ingrid Larkin
    - The Bellero Shield (1964) ... Judith Bellero

She's been in everything and she's still acting today. Of course the shower scene from M*A*S*H is the most memorable for me.

14. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Yep.

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Her meltdown after the "shower scene" is also memorable, I think. "This isn't a hospital, it's an insane asylum!" etc.

16. The Old Mixer

Route 66: Caught Arline Sax in another episode...her dramatic chops were wasted in "Amok Time". I've also seen at least a couple with Harry Townes (whom I'll always most associate with his guest role on The Incredible Hulk). John Lormer also had a blink-and-you'd-miss-it scene in one episode.

17. Christopher

Oh, yes, "The First." That was a memorable turn.

18. Forbin

Disappointed in my weekend 60s & 70s series viewings. No Trek alumni, except of course Malachi Throne's regular appearance in It Takes a Thief.

19. Christopher Miles

Christopher Miles Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Danger Man? Aka "Secret Agent" or for me, the "Pre-Prisoner" Oh and amazing ep of that B&W series was "Colony Three" - a total prototype for "The Prisoner".

OK- back to the pic hunting for me. I know I've got some Trek guest stars in some 70's shows around here somewhere...

CRM-114 likes this.
  20. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In Shatner's episode, "Build Your Houses With Their Backs to the Sea", his character (with the odd name of Menemsha Faxon) is married to Louise Sorel (making her screen debut). Shatner's father is played by the venerable Pat Hingle and his mother is portrayed by Audra Lindley (THREE'S COMPANY's Mrs. Roper).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015