DOLLHOUSE 2x12-Hollow Men Grading, Discussion, SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jan 15, 2010.

?

How do you grade HOLLOW MEN?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2010.
  1. EXCELLENT

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. ABOVE AVERAGE

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. AVERAGE

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. BELOW AVERAGE

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. POOR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. StarshipDefiant

StarshipDefiant Captain Captain

I think that's supposed to somewhat be the point behind Caroline, she saw them as evil and figured to stop them, she needed to start blowing up their buildings. I think Adelle herself said that Caroline was dangerous because she is (along the lines) an idealist (or was it optimist?)

2. Kaijima

Kaijima Captain Captain

I think, ironically, it is sort of required by the character development for Caroline to end up being a less complete person than Echo. If Caroline was fully revealed to be the better person, then Echo is stuck with the right thing to do being to allow herself to "die" and Caroline to fully come back. Which, would have been one way to do it.

But, Echo is clearly our heroine, and even if Joss doesn't like happy endings, he DOES like his central hero remaining the central hero (even if dark and tortured). So, Caroline had to end up being a less impressive person who we don't really want back, in the end.

It is possible though that Epitaph 2 will fully explain that Caroline has fused with Echo over ten years and transformed into a more mature version of herself.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Voted Excellent for this one, not much else to say other than that.

4. StarshipDefiant

StarshipDefiant Captain Captain

I think it's been hinted this will happen, Echo is pretty confident in a battle of the wills, Caroline would lose but Ivy was pretty sure that Caroline could win if strong enough.

5. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I think that was the idea. We've seen such logic *work* on way too many tv shows and movies. In this case, we get smacked over the head with the reality that they've just delayed the apocalypse by a few years (perhaps making it much worse).

6. Plain Simple

Plain Simple Commodore Commodore

We would be expected to root for someone to die because someone else is a "better person"? That's awful. As if the morals of this shows weren't muddy enough to begin with.