TOS S4 - If You Could Add to a Previous Storyline

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by AtoZ, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Can't say I blame her.

--Sran

2. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would like to have seen follow up stories for characters rather than episodes per se: more Helen Noel, Ann Mulhall, Kevin Riley, Janice Rand, Kor, Kanf, Koloth, and Elaan of Troyus.

3. Captain Clark Terrell

Well, Kor and Koloth both appeared in DS9. Rand appeared in TUC and "Flashback."

--Sran

4. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

"A Piece of the Action, pt2"
    It was actually planned for TNG Season 7 and they never got around to it. They would have returned to find not old style Gangsters but everyone walking around dressed like Kirk & Spock with tech based on the communicator McCoy left behind in the office.

5. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They were also going to possibly use it as the DS9 throwback episode, but instead decided on Trouble with Tribbles + time travel = Trials and Tribble-ations.

6. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

In my personal continuity, the Five Year Mission consists of the three seasons of TOs and the two seasons of TAS.

Then TMP happens, and is followed by the Unseen Phase II scripts written in the late 70's - these happen between TMP and TWOK. there seems to be plenty of room for them there.

7. Robert_T_April

Robert_T_April Captain Captain

An episode involving Carol and David Marcus.

More Andorians...another appearance of Koloth...Kang...

8. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Kirk promised McCoy the ship could be in the vicinity of Yonada when they arrived at their new planet. It's been one of the enduring mysteries of TOS for all these decades: Did McCoy and Natira stay married? Did they get an annulment? A divorce? Maybe Natira got pregnant and had Leonard Jr.?

:p

9. Delta Belle

Delta Belle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did the Ekosians and Zeons achieve peace? Daras, Eneg and Isak all sincerely wanted a new start for both their peoples. But what if another Nazi was secretly preparing to step into the void if something happened to Melakon?

10. sariel2005

sariel2005 Lieutenant Red Shirt

" A private Little War" seems to be crying out for a sequel.
    The planets situation is far from resolved, and Kirks handling of the situation was highly questionable, while it is true the Villagers had been handed superior weaponry, from what we see of their village they were vastly technologically superior anyway for example.
    There is lots of potential in the political situation with the Klingons as well, what with their interference and the treaty and so forth, none of which is addressed.

Lots of potential there.

11. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Find yourself a copy of Christopher Bennet's novel Ex Machina.

12. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I might have it packed away somewhere (still have a ton of books in boxes from my last move).

I've read some interesting fanfic regarding McCoy and Natira - some where they have a happy ending, some with a sad ending... it would have been interesting to see how canon might have handled it.

13. Captain Clark Terrell

Great book! I recently had a strange dream about the scene were Kirk confronts Scotty about his "perfectionist jag."

--Sran