Dark Avengers - Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jan 8, 2009.

1. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

Getting out of perpetual lockdown at Thunderbolts' Mountain. As an Avenger, she gets a luxury apartment in the city, a generous stipend, and the freedom to come and go as she chooses so long as she shows up when they call her.

At least that's the way a friend explained it to me.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think my copy of this is in black and white which is why the exposed naval seems so odd to me. Moonstone has hers covered up.

With Venom pretending to be Spider-Man, does that mean that Spider-Man is now registered and the police and capekillers and/or what ever H.A.M.M.E.R. is replacing the Cape Killers with don't no longer have dibs on Pete's ass?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which isn't worn anymore.

Which means it's up for grabs. :p

4. Guy Gardener

I would have preferred that Ultra or some other teen side kick took up that costume and called themself "Miss Marvel".... (or Aunt May as Matron Marvel?).

I think it's giving her the choices of A: lead the Avengers, B: Go to Prison, or C: Run like a scurvy fugitive that has her halfway pissed off at Norman, taking her name and costume is only going to be gravey... Y'know since the public can't tell the difference, you'd have to wonder what sort of negative PR is planned to discredit these "heroes" before Norman just shuffles their costumes to... karla could make Paris Hilton look perfectly respectable if she put her mind to it and really between mac, the symbiote and Norman... Spider-Man is going to be blowing his nose on the flag while urinating on pensioners soon enough.

What's the She-Thing Ms Marvel up to these days?

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally sat down and read my issue last night.
    Thought it was a good read but my only issue is Tony having all those suits there. You'd think that tech of that magnitude would have a type of self destruct. Either in each suit and/or in the room housing them. Tony tried to tie off loose ends over in his series and I'm just supposed to believe he forgot about this big armory of suits?? :wtf:

Not sure what was given to Venom/Gargan to make him morph down into a Spidey sized ratio/proportional person but why was that needed. I don't follow T-Bolts with regularity so why couldn't Gargan will the symbiote to simply appear as Spidey. Why the "drug"?

So Ares and 'Captain Marvel' are who they say. It appears Sentry is as well but who knows for sure with mr. splintered psyche.

6. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Exactly, or some sort of neural interface lockout or something on the suits or some other protection on it.

I just feel like Marvel has lost the plot with mega-event after mega-event. I admit I miss the even older days of the 80's with each comic having it's discrete stuff, but when there was a crossover it meant something. This "throw all your favourites in the blender and see what happens" isn't clicking with me.

And I'm also annoyed with my favourite Ultimate titles being done after/as part of Ultimatum.

7. Guy Gardener

I have a very simple theory about the Sentry.

Osborn and the Void used to hang out.

Crimelording it up.

Osborn knows how to kill the Void.

(It's to do with the Hulk. If he Sentry makes him weaker, then the void will make him stronger, but no ones told that to Bob yet.)

Perhaps Osborns insanity protected him from the Sentry whiping his adventures from realities recall?