Star Trek: Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tranya, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

nice,free to play sound what we all need :D than loads more would try and play this game instead of what's current subscription base, 25000? Eve went free play as well once they did numbers skyrocketed (120-125 000) active accounts.

Problem with free means that there might be loads of morons who might just come to annoy others, reason why Eve online has such bad rep and not more have taken the offer of free gameplay.

W.E the case I am looking forward to not paying for for game i came to like, perhaps this might even give me a chance to play Klingon character.

PS,
    [​IMG]

guys need to ask few questions, where is best for rare partiles, which expanse, and where can i get these blue particles, i forgot where i collected them :(. And wher can i get more purple particles, Borg space I mean B'tran cluster is good for purple, but they are hard to come by,.

So to recap, blue, purple particles , which clusters to go to look for these, and rare particles, which is best cluster? O yeah Delta flayer???? How do i get schematics for that one? cheers.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Rare particles are entirely random, you can get them anywhere. Though you have to succeed at the waveform minigame and ideally complete them with time to spare for a better chance for a rare.

look at what Tier the item is you want to craft.
    Tier 1 samples are found in Delta Volanis, Arucanis Arm and Hromi Cluster
    Tier 2 in the Romulan clusters/nebulas.
    Tier 3 in the Bajoran nebulas
    Tier 4 in B'Tran for Rear Admirals
    Tier 5 in VA B'Tran

The Delta Flyer schematic you get for completing the Delta Flyer mission daily ten times. means you have to pick up the mission each day and use a shuttle to collect the specific anomalies.
    or if you have some resources buy the schematic on the exchange.
    To craft the actual flyer you need 180 crafting skill points which you get by crafting other stuff.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah and sometimes you get 1 hour skill boosts as well.

4. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

Cheers guys, and just bought delta flayer schematics at the exchange, is delta flayer classed as a device or it takes a ship's slot, if so I'll need to delete one of my ships.

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. It counts as a ship.

6. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    Despite the error with the single code going out (it was supposed to be different codes in every box, the printer screwed up, so they had to honor it), their contract still prohibited them from making it "free to everyone" until a few months ago. They would delete forum posts about the code, too.

Now that the contract is up, they put it in the c-store as a free item. As you said, no point in charging for it since so many people got it free anyway.

7. syberghost

Please link to a single post where they said that.

8. syberghost

Re: Star Trek Online goes "Free to Play"

Five, in CO. It may or may not be the same in STO, there will be a big info post next week.

Cryptic once again got screwed by their parent company announcing something a week before they were ready to launch the ad campaign.

9. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.