(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

RUUSIA and QATAR

This smells worse than a dead corpse, two nation who didn't win the techinal reviews, yet they will host what will turn out to be probably the most boring phoney corporate run World Cups ever. Russia a country filled with football thugs and leagues rife with racism. Qatar have no love for the game they just want to show off, no passion for the game = a boring phoney world cup.

FIFA you think you had a problem with english media before, were going to fucking hound you day n night over the next few years.

YOU BRIBERY TAKING CUNTS

:scream:

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Come on Jax, tell us how you really feel :)

Frankly I don't much care, least we won't have the ignimony of losing on our own turf; and face it FIFA were screwed whichever way they jumped. Give it us and people would say it was cos of the British media, don't give it us and the same applies. I am hacked off that Russia's got it, shame the Netherlands didn't get it really.

Its a grubby business that has little to do with football I'm afraid. I doubt our bid was squeaky clean, but bet it smelt of roses compared to Russia's.

Speaking for Derby (anbd possible Leicester) fans though, there is a sneaking smile on my face because having Pride Park overlooked in favour of a non existant ground in Nottingham was somewhat galling to say the least...

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Yes, FIFA is corrupt to the core, as is UEFA (anybody care to tell me how to get a job at either organisation? I would suck anybody's dick for that chance :D), but I think you guys are fooling yourselves if you think the England bid was any "cleaner" than any other...

4. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, I must admit that there's a silver lining in the result.

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Doughty was only hanging on at Forest to see whether they'd get to build a new stadium. Obviously not happening now, let's see how long Doughboy hangs around! :lol:

Special congratulations have to go out though around the world cup announcements, looks like Panorama got it absolutely spot on. Congratulations to Russia, but England coming 4th out of 4? Oh dear, way to cover yourselves in glory Fifa, and way NOT to make it obvious.....:guffaw:

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

2 votes we got...

HIGH RISK was the review about Qatar's bid :rolleyes: FFS FIFA you think you can be so open about your corruption. I hope our media fucking buries the lot of em, every dirty little skelton in their closet shown off to the world.

Our newspapers & media outlets don't get on much but god if there was ever a time for them to decide to team up its now, I want these scumbags to feel so uncomfortable over the next few years that ever time they go to pee it burns.

FUCK YOU FIFA.

6. BRG

BRG Commander Red Shirt

Angry, but not suprised.

Disgusted with this result. :klingon:
    Russia being picked over England? Bullshit! in every area England has Russia beaten hands down, indeed, England is one of the few nations who could host a World Cup at the drop of a hat.
    Perhaps the FA should have played the Russians at their own game, the richest league in the world should just have flung a shit load of money at the grubby little FIFA men two years ago, and left Vlad and his FSB buddies high & dry.

But, no matter how they got it, Russia is at least a football playing nation with a rich history & following. How on Earth can they justify handing a World Cup to Qatar???:guffaw:
    No doubt the big man will snap his fingers and 10 super stadiums will appear from the desert, much like the two Formula 1 tracks in the region did. But like the F1 events, this World Cup will be completely devoid of any passion or soul.

I only hope Scotland reach Brazil 2014, because seeing the Dark Blue at either of these events would leave a very bad taste in my mouth.
    BRG

7. chineserapper05

chineserapper05 Captain Captain

dark blue?

8. Angel4576

^^ Scotland play in dark blue kit.

I think Thiefa has lost pretty much all credibility today as far as I'm concerned. I've become increasingly jaded towards international football over the last 5/6 years, particularly the world cup.

I used to think that Uefa were the worst culprits for ballsing up the obvious, but they seriously have nothing on these fellas, crooked as fook.

Oh well, at least we can look forward to the euros instead. The format changes after this tournament to have the finals consisting of 32 teams, hence Scotland are more than likely going to be qualifying again.

[​IMG]

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Scotland play in dark blue :)

Ah well on the plus side Russia is going to have to spend a shit load of money, and will likely be left with white elephants of stadia...plus the oil's gonna run out eventually!

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Doh beat me to it!

Call me un patriotic, but I'd still put club way ahead of country when it comes to football anyway...imagine though, how cool would it be to win the WC, in Russia? Trouble is I don't know if 8 years is enough time to turn around everything that's wrong with English footie?

Know the mistake we made, we gave FIFA reps handbags for their wives...the SVR probably made it clear they'd make handbags of their wives...

11. Angel4576

The World Cup used to have a wonderful charm about it. Nowadays, Fifa have made a complete mockery of it. England's bid was the technical winner, it was the commercial winner, and we had the best presentation, yet apparently that's still not good enough. Qatar was deemed by Fifa themselves to be 'extremely high risk' - yet they still get it, so really, what is the point of these reports if you're just going to ignore them?

If they wanted to take the tournament to pastures new then Australia should have been an obvious choice - they have a sports-mad poplation, and a tremendous sporting infrastructure already. Sadly, Fifa have seen the opportunity to gain some politically correct kudos by taking the game to an islamic state.

Richard Caborn's said that Fifa "Isn't fit for purpose in the 21st century" - and he's absolutely right.

Some people have blamed Panorama and The Sunday Times for ruining England's chances by running their respective stories in the week running up to the vote, but let's be fair here, we were going to be screwed long before either of them ran their stories, and they knew it.

Lee Mack - "What chance did we have with those cheating foreign b@st@rds....?!" :lol:

12. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

I agree. Panorama and co need to keep up their good work now and have an open season on Fifa. I'm very glad England didn't get this, but I do find it galling they only got two votes despite having a 100% technical bid, ready-made infrastructure (except for building new stadia for Nottingham and Plymouth) and fanbase and all the rest of it. Russia I can just about believe could be legit, but I fear there could be some seriously uncomfortable coming up thanks to the rampant racism that no one seems to be bothered doing anything about - one top club, possibly CSKA, once claimed how proud they were to have no black players, and that they would never sign any. And that's the clubs - the fans...

On the other hand, Qatar stinks. Not least the way it trounced all the others in the voting - what sane system or people would allow it to win? Utterly ridiculous - how can a football tournament be sensibly played in a desert in the summer, 50C in the shade? Let alone the 14th century attitudes towards intimacy and homosexuality. or even the alcohol ban? I almost applaud FIFA for being so brazen with their corruption on this one. No wonder Blatter took so long to warble his way to the envelope-opening - he was probably waiting for his cheque to clear.

I say celebration is in order, anyway - I don't wish to be a part of Fifa's six week legislative programme that supercedes national laws in order to allow tax breaks, limitless immigration, money laundering and the suspension of labour laws. That's the worst bit of it all, much moreso than the bribery scandals. Those are par for the course when scum like Jack Warner are involved.

I also draw anger from the immediate finger-pointing at the press and last night's events at St Andrews, as if they somehow influenced any voting. When corruption is alleged or exposed at a top institution you are dealing with, you don't "feel frustrated" by it and ignore it, you seriously consider whether you should be dealing with these people and if appropriate take action against them. But I'd expect nothing less from our PM on that point - FIFA are his kind of people. The Birmingham violence... well frankly that was a storm in a teacup, nothing on the scale of last year's riot at West Ham v Milwall. Complete overreaction from the pro-England press solely due to the timing. Spain is hardly a bastion of fan peace, is it? Only last week the Real coach was getting attacked by Barca fans, yet for some reason violence is still being painted as a England trademark.

On a lighter note, I'm glad England didn't get it because they haven't stopped talking about the bloody last one yet - another one would be intolerable for the rest of us! :)

13. Angel4576

With the Olympics, cricket world cup, rugby league world cup and rugby union world cup coming to English shores in this decade, I guess we can't be too greedy......! :lol:

Oh, and apparently Qatar are going to be giving special dispensation to certain hotels to allow alcohol to be consumed during the games. Certain hotels? Try the fooking stadiums muppets!

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Enclosed air conditioned stadiums apparently! Bet they'll be freezing! ha ha...

15. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Not overly disappointed that Australia didn't get it. The bandwagon jumping would have been nauseating, and I would have been irritated at the interruption to the AFL season.

Still a ludicrous result.

16. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Can't believe that Australia only received one frigging vote for 2022. Oh well. There are still other events like 2015 Cricket World Cup.

17. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Well, assuming 50-over cricket is still viable then. I despise 20/20, but that's the way things are going...

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

FIFA saying oh may not been a good idea to do 2 host bids at once, well NO SHIT SHERLOCK. We all know why they did because a lot of current FIFA members over the next 4 years are coming down to probably finishing their corrupt tenures at FIFA so they decided 2 bids at once (2018 & 2022) = A lot more money to go in their personal bank accounts.

Private company or NOT...FIFA is openly taking the piss and not even bothering to hide the fact they are breaking god knows how many laws and its time governments and the EU got together to nail the bastards to the wall.

Were coming for you...Blatter, Warner and co you bunch of deceitful bastards.

19. Angel4576

At the very least they need regulating as an organisation. As things currently stand there's no oversight of them whatsoever, other than through the media.

Thing is, every man and his dog knew what would happen with a dual voting process, and it's exactly what happened.

So in conclusion - the two bids with the worst technical reports, but highest extent of corruption win - surprise, surprise.

Even Graham Taylor's calling for our media to go after Thiefa this morning. Apparently they didn't want our media all over them for the next 7 years - yeah, good luck with that.

20. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

It's not just FIFA, it's all those internation sports organisation, UEFA, IOC, UCI, you name it. They're all corrupt to the core. Nice little niche they cut out for themselves there...