Who's the best girl for Harry Kim? If there is one...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Captain Kathryn, Jan 28, 2014.

?

Who is the one for Harry Kim?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2014.
  1. Libby Webber (fiancée before Voyager left)

25.9%
  2. Lindesey Ballard (dead ensign, "Ashes to Ashes")

18.5%
  3. Maggie O'Halloran (hologram, "Fair Haven")

3.7%
  4. Delaney sisters (mentioned on occasion)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Seven of Nine

7.4%
  6. Marayna (hologram, "Alter Ego")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Derran Tal (alien, "The Disease")

7.4%
  8. Linnis Paris (Kes and Tom's "daughter" in alt. timeline, "Before and After")

3.7%
  9. He actually lusted over BFF Tom Paris this whole time

14.8%
  10. He is destined to be alone

11.1%
  11. He secretly lusted after B'Elanna/Janeway misc weird pairings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. None of the above

18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

So, out of all of Harry's failed romances, who do you think would have been best for him had the relationship not failed?

Ahh I forgot I can't edit polls. Lindsay is spelled wrong. :p

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... Harry's hand.

3. Captain Kathryn

Damn I would add that to the poll if I could. :lol:

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your Hologramatic choices basically mean "the Ship's hand".

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  5. 2takesfrakes

Harry Kim's marriage to Linnis Paris is very peculiar. Why's he gotta start sweet romancin' Tom's seed? All up swimming in Tom's Koolade like that, he's just going for the easily accessible Ocampa -it's Neelix, all over again! The beautiful, guile-less Kes very likely believed Linnis, when she told her that she genuinely loved Harry and wanted to bare him many strong sons. But, I would've loved to have seen Tom's initial reaction to this news! How dare this episode deny me that! I don't know, man ... it's a little too close to home, for my liking. Which, again, begs the question: Who's the best girl for Harry Kim? I wish I knew Captain Kathryn. I really wish I knew ...

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

IT IS ME.

I've always defended him from the slings and arrows of those jealous enough to sling and arrow him as though he were some stuffed dummy they took out all their own Harry'ness on. Therefore I win him as mine.

7. Captain Kathryn

I should have known to add you to the poll!

8. Captain Kathryn

LOL! I think I barfed a bit in my mouth?

Just kidding. :D

Yeah that was very strange, he being with Tom's daughter in that clip...I only added it because I wanted to include *literally* everyone he was ever with...that way. :lol:

I like the way you worded your post, that made me crack up lol.

9. Guy Gardener

Libby is the luckiest woman in the Galaxy... And Lynnis is a maneater who chased Harry down.

Can you imagine it, when she figured out that she loved him?

"Oh Goodness! Change me, change my soiled diapers, you sexy massive beast!"

10. 2takesfrakes

Thank you! Thank you! :rommie: You do have a rather thorough list, actually, of women who've been had by Harry Kim and it's much longer than I would've ever suspected!

Again, I would've just LOVED to have seen Tom's first reaction to finding out about Harry and Linnis. As it seems to have been accepted by the time Kes flashes back on the scene, I have to believe that there was some hard selling going on by the women in Tom's family - Kes, especially. Maybe Tom had managed to convince himself, in the end, that it was platonic, some way. That Linnis, being a nurse and all, had merely impregnated herself with Harry's DNA ... sampled from some organ other than his genitals. But because this is only a "possible" future, all realism can be tossed to the wind, apparently, so Harry gets away with all this shit.

11. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I voted for Derran Tal ("The Disease") cos it seemed like the only genuine relationship he ever had (somewhat punching above his weight if you ask me but hey, that's TV for ya)

I also like the fact that it was the only relationship that made him finally stand up to mummy

12. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I voted Seven, because it's the funniest and the most oddly logical, given their personalities and needs. (Seven is a dominating mother figure, Harry is non-threatening and not bothered by her social awkwardness).

14. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Tal Celes... from "The Good Shepard".

15. Captain Kathryn

I actually really liked her!

16. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I voted "Lindsey Ballard (dead ensign, "Ashes to Ashes")"

I liked her character, like that episode and thought they made the best couple.

17. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Libby.
    Keeping her in his heart would have given him a little depth.
    It would have made him look better wanting to get home to her, than his parents.

18. teacake

But then he would have been all emo about Libby and whenever it was time to give him depth and that would have been tedious.

19. Guy Gardener

If he was really into Libby, and wasn't guilty about cheating on his finance on Voyager, even if his definition of cheating is dating a whole bunch of women who wouldn't go on a second date with the lonely ensign... Harry should have spent the day burying his bone and never found out about his experimental shuttle or the failure Tom had become or the poor fate of Daniel Byrd, if Libby's willing and inviting body held any interest for him.

If it wasn't for his aptitude with Deran Tal in the Disease, I'd argue homosexuality that he was in denial and subconsciously choosing unobtainable women so that he'd never have to see a vagina while still being statistically boring with his orientation.

Please note that Derran was a liar pretending to like him and enjoy their naked time together who was only using Harry for his command codes, which means that this insincere huckster should have been unobtainable if she wasn't a user on an evil seditious mission dup this patsy, and Tal would have obviously rejected him just like every other woman if he had been hitting on her on a level playing field because their relationship was horribly illegal and would probably put her in jail for years.

Hell, Kim might have even tried to run like he did with Seven, but she needed those command codes, so Harry was not allowed to run away far or with any success or her people would stay sorta enslaved and her mission would have failed.

20. teacake

But why is Harry so rejectable? I look at Harry and I see a good looking, friendly, only slightly socially inept from shyness but hardly a deal breaking ineptness, nice guy without the icky parts of nice guy, playful kind of fellow. Is everyone else on VOY so incredibly hot that they are looking for a hero rather than an ensign?