If annother Trek series was being made, what would you want in it?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Green Lantern, Jul 4, 2012.

1. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

I like Dorn's idea of a TNG/DS9/VOY era show with Captain Worf commanding a Federation ship. I'd like fresh characters including an Andorian or a Telarite since they were among the UFP's founding members. I prefer an ensemble cast of 6 or 7 characters with several semi-regulars to the triad that TOS was and ENT later became. It's a weekly series so characters can grow and develop over time. I'd also like one character to be CGI so that its appearance would be truly alien in nature rather than a human wearing latex ears, make-up, and a wig. Make it feline, insectoid, or aquatic; I don't care as long as it's not a human in a rubber suit. While Data, Worf, Data, Nog, T'Pol, and other non-humans were often played as the fish-out-of-water, this time around the character really is a fish-out-of-water. In addition, the cast needs an "everyman;" someone relatable to most viewers much like O'Brien was. He was an average Joe with a wife and kids, and he served loyally and received rewards for his hard work. I'd even consider having an Ensign who is very smart but socially awkward and inexperienced. He would not to be used as comic relief but as a sympathetic character who would be relatable to most young people first getting out on their own. He or she would have to earn the respect - slowly - of his/her peers. The Ensign would not be considered a brilliant Wesley-type wunderkind, but instead as a hard-working, studious young person who has a skill or two and has done well but earned everything he's gotten along the way. Maybe he would be the first Romulan in Starfleet since the Reman Incident (Nemesis). Worf's first officer and CMO must be the yin and yang that Spock and McCoy were to give him sound advice that is both rational and emotional. Worf will need to select the best bits for the particular situation. I would make the XO a human who is a brilliant tactician and the doctor an emotionally charged Andorian. Perhaps the CGI character is the Tactical Officer.

2. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Romulan Wars. Best would be to follow two ships, one from each side. Each would see their cause as the right one, and the audience shouldn't be able to obviously choose which side was correct. And they couldn't see each other because their video codecs weren't compatible :rommie:

That, or a series depicting the run-up to the Feddie-Klink war in Star Trek Online. It's sufficiently far in the future for things to be somewhat different, but close enough that the stuff we remember still has an effect (stuff like Romulus blowing up, and the Dominion War) - and you could get a guest star character or two in there.

3. Cadeus

Cadeus Ensign Newbie

My idea for a Star Trek series would take place over the course of only one season, maybe two, and it would entail the erection of the borg society... Who they were as a people, and what caused their dependency on bio-technology. The first season would be slower than the second, taking a more personal look at one family as it evolved thrue several generations. It would illustrate WHEN the bio-advancements came to be, and even illustrate a protest from the society against using the enhancements. It would be very humanitarian... I would want to show their humanity. It would create a better sense of loss, when they loose it in favor of "perfection." Season two would be much more dramatic. I would open with a two-part episode: "We are the Borg" It would catalog the Borg's very first assimilation, and the season would culminate with a two-part season finally: " I am the Borg." This is where we would finally meet the Borg Queen, for the very first time... I think it would be amazing to have a back-story like that. A Star Trek series with no starfleet officers, and no earth... no Klingons, or Vulcans; but never-the-less possessing the Star Trek franchises greatest hero: humanity.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Worf himslf would seem to have the passionate emotional side covered. So perhaps the two officers should be rational and compassionate.

:)

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want to see a visceral, kick-ass, action packed series with strong characters, a la The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy, and a lot of creepy sexy stuff (maybe we need to reinvent the Borg for this) a la American Horror Story. This should be a show that goes well beyond tolerance levels on broadcast, ie, won't put the audience to sleep.

Not just because I'd enjoy that, but given recent ratings trends, that's the stuff that draws eyeballs nowadays on cable, and above all, I want a show that will get strong ratings and not get cancelled.