NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

fuck everything

2. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And the Broncos are on to their 9th straight win of the season with a veritable curb-stomping of the Ravens! The Ravens D played respectably for large stretches, but at the end of the day they got zero support from their offense and the couldn't stop Knowshon Moreno, a guy who's career in Denver was over if it weren't for McGahee getting hurt.

With two relatively soft home games against the Browns and Chiefs remaining, the Broncos have a pretty clear path to the second seed if they can get some help from the Niners tonight. I'm not counting on it, but you can't blame a guy for hoping.

3. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Is the Chiefs-Raiders Geno Smith Bowl everything you imagined so far? After one quarter, Brady Quinn has passed for 14 yards, and Carson Palmer for 26 yards. In fact, on total yardage, Kansas City has gained a whopping -1 yards. Can that total keep going down in the following three quarters?

4. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Texans are AFC South champs two years in a row.

A couple of years ago I would have laughed my butt off at anyone thinking such a thing. I'm happy to see it, but New England and Denver scare me when it comes time for the playoffs. The Texans are one of the top five teams in the NFL, but they are at the bottom of that five. Still though, after all the years of the Oilers and Bud Adams foolishness and the painfull start of the Texans, it's good to see them playing like they are.

JJ Watt is defensive player of the year this year, hands down.

I'd like to see the 49ers beat New England tonight, but I don't think they will. I think Brady will tear them a new asshole just like he did us.

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Wow, 50 or more points for Seattle two weeks running. Admittedly today it was against the Bills, but still....

Also quite a few other blowouts today.

6. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

And the 49ers are dipping their nuts in the Pats' lunch tonight.

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

My God the NFC compared to the AFC is staggering this year. There is the Patriots, Bronco's and Texan's and that's about it. It's like Brady isn't used to this thing called pressure.

8. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

San Francisco needs to quit letting the Pats get back into this game. This is not even remotely entertaining to a non-Pats fan.

9. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Uhh, I'm a Packers fan and am quite entertained thank you.

10. tighr

Sorry let me re-phrase: "non-Pats fan" means Pats-hater.

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eww. Now I'm going to be cheering for... Seattle next week?

Playoff seeding makes strange bedfellows :(

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

What an epic comeback by the Patriots, too bad they couldn't close the deal. It was their own damn fault, though, with those four turnovers they committed. Oh well.

13. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll sleep easier because the Pats came up short, but I would have preferred they had been held to the 3 points they had when the score was 31-3. One of the more entertaining NFL games I've seen, thanks to that stupifying second half comeback. What kind of team will New England be once Tom Brady has to retire? I may hate New England but I can't deny that, win or lose, he's consistently been one of the greatest QB's the NFL has ever seen!

I can't believe it, but I actually found myself pulling for Dallas for the first time EVER. Normally, I'd have just wished for both the Cowboys and Steelers to fall into a black hole and disappear forever, but I had a strategy in mind when cheering Romo and the gang to victory: A Dallas victory brings Pittsburgh one step closer to elimination from the postseason, and I can now wait for Seattle and/or Washington to finish off the Cowboys.

The Texans have to be as happy as pigs in shit to see New England go down. This now gives them a firmer grasp on homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Even the Broncos have now obtained the chance for a first round bye, as long as they win out (which they should).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  14. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

^ Thank you for your support, even if it is just for one day.

15. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

I think this

[​IMG]

sums up the Chiefs season nicely. Receiver wide open, stumbles and looks down to regain his footing and the ball hits him in the helmet. :lol:

16. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, funny how that works. I'm not going to like it, but I'll be rooting for Seattle as well.

That crappy call in the Seattle/Green Bay game in week 3 sure is having an impact on the NFC playoff picture.

Loved that the Packers won, but they really need to look into getting a new kicker. Crosby's a head case.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man that 49ers game was crazy last night. Once the Pats were coming back, I didn't think they would be stopped, but San Francisco found a way. As a 49ers fan, I'm really happy my team pulled it out. As a football fan, watching Tom Brady do what he did last night is a beautiful thing. What a game to have in Prime Time, even though what was up with Ed Hoculi. He is one of the better officials in the game and last night was a period were he turned into a replacement Ref, especially with the "Ball will be spotted down there" thing he said. That was just weird.

18. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

If you're a Niners fan, I can understand your being unnerved at the way that Brady & Co engineered such a comeback. OTOH, as I've read in a few places, it can be considered encouraging, too. Kaepernick had to keep his nerve, while on the road at a hostile environment against the hottest of teams and in bad weather. So it was largely helped by a long return... Kaepernick is still a virtual rookie.

19. tighr

That was the most hilarious ending to a game I have ever seen, ever!

The Jets are down by 4 points and driving. Sanchez throws an interception (his fourth of the night) to the one yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. Titans go 3 and out, and their punter has a ridiculously bad 19 yard punt, putting the Jets on the 25 yard line with 45 seconds left to go. On the first play of this life-breathing drive, Sanchez fumbles the snap and the Titans recover.

Way to go, Sanchez. Earn those millions!

20. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone can throw 4 picks, only he can buttfumble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.