oh dawd, please! Raimi and that stupid turd Tobey making Spidey 4 & 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/09/sam-raimi-and-t.html

Please. I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of this combonaiton, I'm sick of the angst. I dont care if Peter Parker gets Mary jane, or if he doesn't. I dont care if he gets jealous or lonely or agravated anymore over it, or if he hates/loves/ likes his alterego. After three films I got the impression that this character is selfish egotist who cares more about what he wants than anything else, and Tobey cannot act. No, he jkust stares at the camera with a vapid stre. Watch scenes with Dunst..instead of looking at her eyes, he's looking at the top of her head. And Spidey is supposed to be funny, but he's not in these films. Spidey 2 is overrated, because the only interesting angle in it is that Otto is an iteresting character..marginally interesting anyway.

Please let it rest.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Re: oh dawd, please! Raimi and that stupid turd Tobey making Spidey 4

Come on tell us how you really feel ?

If you habe hated the first 3 then you won't mind not watching it and letting other people enjoy them for you :p

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Spidey 4 has to be the redeeming movie after 3. Try to keep Avi Arad far away as possible. Lizard is all but confirmed. They've been building him up for 3 movies.

4. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

That's excellent news! :techman: Raimi and Maguire bring Spidey to life the way Lee and Ditko intended him to be. Face front, true believers!

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But if hollwierd keep making movies for idiots, then the filth'll never figure out that they are deficient and do something about it. These movies are so blunt. With neon themes and and cardboard plots. It always comes do to Power and responsibility which steamroles into sacrifice and piles up into depression.Toby is a Turd and Sam is making these movies for seven year olds because even his work on Xena was a billion times edgier.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Look for more Emo Peter dancing around like an idiot in Spidey 4! :rommie:

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

According to the deadline hollywood article the series won't go 'teh dark"

Nikki Finke's bit from DHD says this:

8. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

I hope it's closer to 2 than 3. If it is, that would be nice.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Two is only over hyped because one is terrible! So next to one two looks like gold.

10. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

Leave Dawd out of this.

So, Marvel is staying lighter, and DC is going dark. There's an interesting switch.

11. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope Raimi focuses more on Spider-man than on Peter Parker.

And enough with the "villains are just misunderstood" crap. The Sandman was such a one-dimensional villain, Raimi had to give him cliched storylines (I'm not an evil man, sick daughter) in order to make him interesting and failed. I don't mind the Lizard though.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Did you even read my post? I joked how campy Spider 3 was and that we were going to get more of the same. Nothing about being dark.

13. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

More excellent news! The Warner execs who want to turn their entire super-hero stable "dark" may not have a clue, but fortunately Raimi does.

They're the same person. There is no big personality shift between identities. He's the same hard-luck schmuck in and out of costume. That's core to Spidey's character.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

there's one thing I have wanted more of in these movies since i got a swell little chubby in the first movie and that is Elizabeth Banks who's star is rising by the way between her position on Scrubs and getting the "female" lead in Meet Dave among other projects because she's gorgeous and that Betty Bryant has always been one of my favourites and i just loved the schism back in the sixties with how Liz got insanely Jealous about Pete's older more experienced girlfriend and their relationship broke up over Peter being an idiot...

Leonardo DeCaprio should play Curt Conners AGAIN. He should also play the Flash in the JLA movie too.

15. Galactus

Galactus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am sure it will be better than Superman Returns. See now this is the movie that Venom is suppose to be in, not the 3rd. I guess the Lizard is ok, but I would rather Spidey take on an evil villian, not another poor soul. I want him to take on someone that is really bad to the core, to make him the great hero he is.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting bit also from DHD:

My bet is that we're getting Poor Misunderstood Venom, The Franchise. ;) Or at least an attempt.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the series needs a change of locale... how many times can we see Spidey swooping around buildings and firing webs? I'd like to see some freak experiment turn NYC into a huge jungle, with trees as big as skyscrapers, vines as big as buses, and thirty-foot insects for Spidey to fight. Or something...

18. Nedersong

Nedersong Captain

Wait a minute...

That was Leonard DiCaprio playing Doctor Conners?

Wao (think wow). I never recognised him and I remember him from Growing Pains.

Interestink.

Anyhoo, I personally really enjoyed the movies, even though I personally consider them "What Ifs" because of how much he was rewritten.

I really wanted to see the black and white suit, not the all black version.

19. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dylan Baker played Connors. I liked the second movie but the first was too simple and episodic and the third suffered for the lackluster Sandman and Venom. It'd be hard to make another one given how much Parker is fixated on MJ in this series; it'd have to have a very different story, challenges, style. I'd advise against the Lizard because we've already seen too many experiments-gone-wrong and sympathetic villains (heck, Ock basically took some of Connors' appeal and then they used it again for Sandman). My favorite villains are Mysterio, Jackal (beyond unlikely) and Black Cat (unlikely), Vulture, Electro or Kraven could be OK.

20. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he's a hard-luck shmuck with a supermodel girlfriend.

CURSE YOU, PARKER!