Voyagers ending, redone.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by bbjeg, Jun 6, 2013.

1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

With all the technology they came across, including borg megaton bomb upgrades and the energy behind transwarp, which was endless upon comparison to warp, you'd think Janeway would have came up with something of a battle upgrade without future Janeways help.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can we come up with a Voyager ending that doesn't involve turning on godmode?

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I like the idea of Voyager ending up destroying a huge crucial Borg installation but I would have done something other than 'Future Janeway'.

Like, maybe Voyager was meant to destroy the transwarp hub, and if they don't do it the Federation will be destroyed by the Borg. And Voyager ends up into some kind of Enterprise C situation where they have a chance they weren't supposed to have to get home. Then the Relativity group try to force them to go back to the DQ, and Janeway tricky as always tries to find a way to both destroy the Hub and get to stay in the AQ.

It could end with Janeway pretending to agree then somehow stealing a 29th century ship to destroy the hub.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually was stoked for the first few minutes of the episode when it appeared that the future crew was at a celebration reminiscing how they got home. They could have just run with that and that would've been a satisfying ending. Not only would we have found out how they got home, but what happened with their lives after instead of a two second resolution shot of Voyager flying towards Earth.

5. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: Now I've got an image in my head of Tuvok typing the letters 'IDDQD' into his console. ;)

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

That explains how Voyager kept winning against the Borg. The Konami code!

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The lame Batmobile armor we got in the finale was already godmode.

8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

How is this random thought "redoing" Voyager's ending?

9. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I like that. What I would have done is still start the episode with FutureJaneway planning to alter the past, but a series of flashbacks to the long voyage home as she talks with the crew causes her to change her mind at the end.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What I would have liked was that Janeway tried to change the past, but Captain Kim stopped her, then sent the old bird to live in the nut house with Tuvok.

11. eskyliz

eskyliz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well you've thought about this a lot haven't you. :p But that actually seems pretty cool.

12. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

I would have liked to have seen it with out the Future Janeway and her future tech. If they had discovered some novel and inventive way to really hurt the Borg and get home by themselves it would have been much more satisfying...

13. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

A Q-administered dance-off between the Borg Queen and Janeway, with the prize being the granting of the winner's fondest wish, would have been a better finale. :p

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Borg Queen wins doing the robot.:lol:

15. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree with you R.Star. I wish we could have seen more about the aftermath of the arrival to Earth. But alas. But still, endgame is one of my faves. So other than adding onto it, I wouldn't change a thing.

16. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The basic story of the series was Voyager is trying to go home. As Aristotle said of The Odyssey, everything else is incident. Once they got home, that was the climax. Anything else would have been denouement, anticlimactic. The party covered that.

The ending was fine.

17. Guy Gardener

Is "fine" really good enough?

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Actually Odysseus still had to beat the douchebags in his house after getting back. The story didn't just end the moment the hero saw his home. Homer wasn't that lazy a writer.

19. Guy Gardener

He invented the shishkebab with a really long spear and all the doushe nozzels who were trying to get up inside his missus.

Beating "delete the wife" to the punch by 27 hundred years.

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The second thing that comes to mind is that if you try to film two men slaughtering a whole crowd, you'll quickly find who did some lazy writing. Even Homer nods.

The first thing that came to mind of course was how anyone could expect the Federation to require its returned citizens to kill their way back into their kingdoms. Janeway has to kill Mark for her dog or the new missus for Mark, or maybe both (Or kill the dog too?); Chakotay and Torres have to assault the Cardassian Union singlehanded (and win); Seven of Nine makes a terrifying run for freedom from the vivisectionists who want to study her Borg implants; Paris has a lethal confrontation with his psychotic child abuser father; Tuvok has an amok time with his wife's boyfriend; The Doctor has to slaughter all the mining executives who are trying to add him to their workforce; Kim has to kill a saxophone player to get his seat in the Starfleet orchestra.

No thanks. The party showed us the aftermath of their return in such fashion there was no anticlimactic denouement.