Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sportzkid, need to turn on draft pick trading, so we can get things moving. I've got Keepers burning a hole in my roster, ready to offload :)

Speaking of which, if there is any interest in any of the following, make me an offer:

ARod
    Matt Holliday
    Jason Heyward
    Joe Mauer
    Bryce Harper
    Jimenez
    Soria

All available for draft picks, or for the right 2 for 1 upgrade...

2. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeez, you have all those players on the auction block and I'm having a tough time deciding who on my team is even worth keeping. I may have to think about trading some of my draft picks instead of going with plan A.

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yep, those are my 'spares' :) Although at least one of those is still going to be kept, only 5 are my definites, just not sure on the 6th (ARod maybe?) Sad that with that group, I still only got 4th this year, and finally broke up the Big Three (Me, Coaster, and McCosh).

If anyone there on my list looks like a better value than what you've got, Let's Make a Deal! :)

4. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Please go to thread in the league about when to hold draft date.

5. Pegaritaville

Crap- I played pool tournament this weekend and forgot about the draft! So much for implementing my plan to turn my team around.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Don't worry, you got plenty of closers!

7. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

W00t I play Fantasy baseball. I wonder how many women here do..

Oops just realized this is for your own league. Well, can I trash talk at least? My team, you see, leads my league in guys named Mike.

8. Pegaritaville

Well, at least that way I have the upper hand in one of the ten categories. Now I just need to worry about the other nine!

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

yeah, the league is funny like that ;)

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

That time of year again! Don't forget to check your roster and submit keeper selections in the next few days.

And as always, the Ken Walter Fan Club is open for business. I'm always looking to trade keepers for draft picks, and have a few worthy players this year. Shoot me a PM here or a trade request at ESPN, and we can start talking deals!

11. Pegaritaville

I wonder if we shouldn't have everyone check in so we know all the teams will have active owners. I'd hate to see a situation (like what happened in football) where the standings get skewed by an owner not participating. If needed, it might be easier to find a replacement owner at the start.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Not a bad idea. Think just about everyone has at least shown up and picked keepers, but may still be a couple outstanding. I'll shoot Sportzkid a message to send out a league email and have people check in to confirm. DEFINITELY easier to get owners before the draft, so they can be more invested in the team.

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Turns out I have league manager powers now in addition to Sportzkid, so email sent. Seen action from at least half the league, and a couple more have picked keepers, so only a couple to poke here. Also just want to make sure the quiet ones with keepers didn't do that last fall and then wander off. So if you weren't named in my email, please email me back or post here, just so we can see what we've got.

Also, last couple of days to make keeper picks to swing a trade. I've still got a couple of quality keeper prospects to think about trading, mostly pitching at the moment. If you're interested, let me know. It's not the offseason unless I've moved at least 2-3 people from my team in trades!

14. Pegaritaville

When Pegs Fly checking in.

15. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Please count me as a maybe if you need a replacement owner. Thanks.

16. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Roadrunners are ready to go.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. I miss the yearly Trekbbs Fantasy Baseball Leagues and I am interested in being a replacement if you need one.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

i liked doing them too, just lost enough people to keep it going, and it started being too hard. Once the keeper league got started, most of the people that were doing the yearly one just moved over.

4 teams still need to select keepers: McCosh, Admirals, Coaster, and Crane Mutiny. Get on it, gentlemen! Have at least seen McCosh active lately, although after cutting the rest of the team, he didn't identify the keepers...

19. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I'm still playing.

20. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have set up a new league, likely going to be a yearly league. So if you want in message me with your email address so I can send an invite.

Details on league-
    Auction. 12 team league. Tweaked from 5x5 set up
    The setup is 6X6. With On Base pct and Slugging Pct added in for batting in place of average. For pitching added in Innings Pitched (IP). Changed Strike outs to Strikeouts per 9 Innings (K/9).

Really got the idea to tweak the standard 5x5 setup from this ESPN article Categorical improvements

As Scout noted above, added him as co GM to keeper league to help out when needed.