The STXI Enterprise... REFIT!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I like the blue lighting I wish he'd kept it!

2. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Exeter
    Constellation

3. OverJoyJackson

OverJoyJackson Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have absolutely no artistic ability, but wow, these are really good. I accidentally came by these pictures. Great work here and you should be proud of your ability.

4. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would just look up class listings for the Constitution class, and just choose one. I believe Memory Beta has a pretty extensive listing.

I suppose you could just make this the JJverse version of NCC-1764-A, though I would also suggest choosing a name that hasn't been done often, if at all.

Another idea that has popped into my head was that perhaps this is a pre-refit prototype, similar to the Endeavor or Phase II version of the Constitution.

5. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or the JJ Verse's Constitution-class is different from the Prime Verse, and doesn't have to follow the same chronology and conventions. This could just be a later build, after all, no two ships of the same class are exactly alike IRL.

The JJ timeline is basically an excuse to do a reboot in a soft, reassuring way. And it gives us license to do things creatively, and not to be nailed down to what came before.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Perhaps Saratoga? Just never liked that name for the Reliant type ship we saw in Star Trek VI

7. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

How about Yorktown?

8. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know what you're saying, and I guess you're right. But at the same time, I think there should be reasons for those changes to the timeline. I think the focus should be on how events have been altered, and use that to determine how this Universe shapes out.

I actually kind of like that idea a little, since the Constitution class Saratoga (NCC-1724) has never been given a visual form, though the Miranda class Saratoga is still canon, so that means that we would be looking at a vessel that ends up lost/destroyed.

I know of several Constitution class vessels that have never been done visually:
    Melbourne (NCC-1711)
    Merrimac (NCC-1715)
    Venture (NCC-1720)
    Pioneer (NCC-1723)
    Proxima (NCC-1737)
    Sirius (NCC-1744)

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Your overlooking the fact that we don't know if the Saratoga exists in Nutrek.

10. J.C. England

J.C. England Lieutenant Red Shirt

Love it! Love it! Love it! Great work.

11. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, and compliments guys. :)

Done some more work, tweaking the nacelles some, and starting to remove some of the bluish tints to the windows and lights. I did tone down the brightness some in the bridge and sensor domes, but left them the same bronze color.

[​IMG]

Still having trouble picking a name... so far, my favorites are Sirius, Excalibur, and Proxima. Proxima sounds cool, and I can't think of one of those that I've seen anywhere around.

More later... :)

12. sojourner

Oooh! Proxima! Thats a good one! wish I'd thought of it.

13. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Do we care? JJ certainly doesn't.

14. sojourner

^Think you missed my point. As far as we know, the Saratoga doesn't exist in nutrek, and since these are nutrek designs, naming one Saratoga is not an issue.

And please, don't try to turn this into another nutrek bash. We are all very well aware of your feelings on the matter at this point.

15. Ghost_Opera

Ghost_Opera Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

looks good man

16. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Have you considered covering up the domes but leaving the overall shape there? Essentially turning the cowl into a cap. You could extend the U shape you have on top there all the way down as either detail evoking the refit nacelles or as a cutout to reveal just enough of the inner mechanics to show that something is going on in there.

17. MadMan1701A

Yeah, I did think about it briefly... it just felt to me to be too "bulked up". I know that doesn't make sense, but with a dark / transparent dome is just seems smaller...

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Would USS Proxima NCC 1712 be alright? I don't think the number is taken officially in old or new Trek.

19. MadMan1701A

Sounds good to me... from now on, that's what the ship's called. :) I'll be reflecting the change in the textures, shortly. :)

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Cool, can't wait to see more of her :)