teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

I'd read the last line, "ΧΡΩΝΩΣ ΔΙΩ" as "Chronos Dio", basically how a set-designer who doesn't speak Greek would say "God Chronos", based on Black Sabbath albums and such.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I thought that is what it said, Chronos Dio. Thanks for the link Skywalker, very interesting!

Threshold: There were no lizards in this episode. There was however a great example of how to use flashbacks to flesh out important character background. SG:U, take note. Though that is not completely fair as the background of a Jaffa on a journey out of cultdom is always going to be more interesting than the background of some bureaucrat.

Still I've seen enough lameass flashback fillers (I'm looking at you Lost) to be rather taken aback at how powerful and interesting Teal'c's story was here. Excellent! And great acting on Judge's part too, his impassive face looked young, naive, deceitful.. this man has some muscle control!

3. teacake

I am 6 minutes and 17 seconds into the next episode.

This fellow has appeared. He is quite cute. Therefore I predict he will die.

[​IMG]

See you on the other side of this one..

4. teacake

Ascension: Okay he's not dead. Yet. He is still doomed because of his pretty cheekbones.

That was a hilarious, poignant, tragic, romantic, kick ass episode! Orlin is pretty cute and interesting even if he does look a little Abba-esque.

Teal'c dressed to impress:

[​IMG]

I want to see details of that FLAME shirt better :lol:

Carter has a spiffy little Asgard grey sports car. I would have thought she was more of a Jeep gal.

O'Neill has never seen Star Wars.

:eek:

God that was fun.

Oh and here is Carter brushing her teeth, looking as ever hot.

[​IMG]

5. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which I think was sarcastic by him because he obviously at least the name Luke Skywalker (used it in 1969). So I'm convinced he's seen the movies at least once.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is in fact Colonel Reynolds's second appearance in the series. He previously appeared in season 2's Touchstone. He was the officer giving SG-1 a tour of Area 51. This is the same character, though obviously promoted since in Touchstone he was a Major.

One can know the name Luke Skywalker without ever having seen any of the movies. I unfortunately know who Edward the Vampire is despite never having seen a Twilight movie or read any of the books.

7. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I referenced Love Boat in a VOY thread (though never seen it) and someone was surprised. As I said at time: pop culture osmosis.

8. teacake

The only person on the planet I would expect not to know the name Luke Skywalker would be Teal'c :lol:

Yeah I remembered we'd seen Reynolds somewhere before. I didn't want to look him up though as I didn't want to be spoiled on his impending death.

9. gturner

gturner Admiral

Teal'c: "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello."
    O'Neill (tossing phone to Teal'c): "Call Daniel."

10. teacake

That was glorious.

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'm so jealous. Still on S2.

12. teacake

Its fabness is still going strong in Season 5!!

13. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, one can - but since O'Neill is into SF which was stated in some episode (don't know which now), I'd wager he'd seen SW.

14. teacake

Maybe he hasn't seen it because he IS into SF. Maybe he's one of those old school purists who are suspicious of stuff that pings more fantasy to them.

The Fifth Man: So we don't really know who Q is working for but it seems he's going to be causing quite a bit of trouble. This episode ended in much death (the Goa'uld really should arm the Jaffa a bit better LOL).

15. teacake

Red Sky: O'Neill makes an impassioned and descriptive speech about religion. No one listens. Disturbingly Daniel appears to believe in faith for faith's sake even though he has personally pulled back the curtain on this particular great and wonderful Oz. I put it down to the sentiment of myth which he is of course steeped in.

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't remember it being stated O'Neill was into sci-fi. Indeed, the Star Wars conversation in Ascension seems to indicate he isn't (Carter: "You've never seen Star Wars?" O'Neill: "Well, you know me and sci-fi.")

Of course, over the course of the series, O'Neill makes a few Star Trek references indicating he might have more than a passing interest in Trek.

17. gturner

gturner Admiral

Maybe he missed Star Wars because he was deployed somewhere, but it's hard to imagine that he never watched it with is son, especially since he's a fighter pilot. I'm guessing the line just made the scene funnier.

18. teacake

Maybe he was always meaning to watch it with his son but he was too busy and now he will never watch it because of the terrible regret.

19. gturner

gturner Admiral

They should've used that for a poignant moment in another episode. It would've been emotionally powerful.

20. teacake

They could have had a few riffs from Cat's in the Cradle in the background.

It could have been a whole different Stargate.