The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2009.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

711 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. Above Average

213 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Average

84 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Below Average

46 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. Poor

77 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. patweb

patweb Ensign Red Shirt

Re: Kirk's bogus adventure

Christopher Walken would have been my choice for Willy Wonka. However, Depp doesn't do too badly.

2. drmick

drmick Lieutenant Red Shirt

I was a die hard Trekkie in the 90's.

I registered on this board in 2009 only to post a massive rant against Trek09, and my experience was that I was in a very tiny minority who hated it.

I come back in here 5 years later to see that there seems to be a much larger anti-Abrams sentiment.

So my question is this: do people feel that the results of the poll above are still accurate of the Trek fandom?

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Yes.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Into Darkness poll similarly shows a majority in favour of it. I think years later, most fans have moved on leaving the disgruntled hard-cores to moan and moan to a few of us who love and keep discussing them.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

It is funny. I don't see too many people asking if the popular in the 90's TNG is still liked.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If I were feeling mean, I could point to diminishing TNG bluray sales figures as proof that love for that show has diminished over time.

If I were feeling mean.:evil:

7. drmick

drmick Lieutenant Red Shirt

I really like STID though!

I reckon that I'm in a very small minority of people who hate Trek09 and really like STID.

Using the two rating threads that puts me in a select group of something of order of between 3% to 7% of Trekkers.

8. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't know. But does it really matter?

Most of what I've noticed since first I came here a few months ago is that -- with the odd exception -- the overall tone on this forum has gotten markedly less nutty and acrimonious from both "sides," insofar as there are "sides." Which is good.

AFAICS that wouldn't be "mean," just mistaken. BluRay and DVD sales in general are diminishing as people transition to purchasing digitally.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  9. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator