Worst acting in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dale Sams, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I already covered that with:

The believability of the entire film rested on how much the audience bought Luke. If Hamill failed, Ford, Guinness, FX, or anything else was not going to make the film work.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Hyperbole. :rolleyes:

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Christensen's acting was so bad, that it went back in time and reached into the earlier films. :)

5. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well...

1) I think Hamill does a great job. Acting isn't just line delivery, there's the matter of busy work like when he's cleaning the droids. Yes Luke is whiny a lot. I have no problem with that.

2) Ford doesn't have to say things like, "There's nothing left for me here, I want to go with you and become a Jedi like my father."..minutes after discovering the people who raised him are skeletons. Not to mention...as directed...Lucas isn't doing Hamill any favors in that scene.

I also greatly enjoy Luke in the Cantina scene. Especially his work with Ford. "10,000!! We could almost buy a ship for that much....we don't have to take this.."

I really don't understand it when people point to Hamill or Fischer. I think they both do wonderful work in the film.

"Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way!!"

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I have no problems with Mark Hamil in New Hope.

7. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I think they were all fine and thank them for some of the most fun I've ever had at the movies.

Here's to them doing it again.

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

No kidding.

9. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

No, you are being defensive. He was awful in every frame. From the Attack of the Clones delivery in the elevator, to his dialogue with Amidala, the sand bit, his ranting....oh, hell, it just goes on and on in that film.

Revenge of the Sith: "you turned her against meee!"

Painful.

"this is the end for you, my master"

Ugghh.

and the worst of all: "i have brought pEEEACE, freedom" bit before the duel. Horrible. It is no wonder his character was so hated.

10. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Obviously you've never seen frame 716.

It brings tears to my eyes every time.

11. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Hayden Christensen was really the worst. Mark Hamil, over all did well, I just think he had some awkward moments in New Hope.

12. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The only issue I had with Christensen's performance was his voice--it didn't have enough gravitas for me (Matt Lanter, who plays Anakin in current The Clone Wars cartoon, does, IMO).

Otherwise, I think Christensen's facial expressions were spot on and did cover quite a range of emotions very well. Two key moments that stand out for me--when Anakin confessed to Padme his frustrations following Shimi's death and revealed how he slaughtered the tribe of Sand People in Episode II, and a blink-and-you-miss it moment in Episode III on Coruscant when Anakin and Obi-Wan part ways and we see Anakin's expression turn from light to dark (we see it again when he is reunited with Obi-Wan on Mustafar).

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

No, that is just silliness. To literally be awful in every frame would be a rare thing indeed. I'll have to assume that statement is not meant to be taken literally.

14. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The muppet Yoda
    he's terrible, the new CGI Yoda was silly but in the old he has this long drawn out comical death scene that is just ridiculously bad.
    I think some kind of animatronic puppet can work in movies like it did for characters in Labyrinth, E.T, Jurrasic Park, Farscape etc I'm not sure why the Yoda role seems terrible to me, maybe its because not just bad acting but it always felt like some characters were put in movies so Lucas inc could sell more toy action figures