Worst acting in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dale Sams, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I refer to what is quaintly called 'A New Hope'. For this old bastard there is only one film named Star Wars.

My vote is for this guy

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Daine_Jir

Admittedly, he has tough lines.

2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

That guy who played Ewok #16 in ROTJ. He was totally unconvincing and was just phoning it in.

3. That Weirdo In The Corner

That Weirdo In The Corner Commander Red Shirt

that's a bit harsh, best spear acting ever.

The guy that played Yoda, they would have been better off with a puppet. thankfully there was no stupid CGI Yoda lightsaber battles.

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Carrie Fisher.

5. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was going to say the same thing but I think actually Mark Hammill was worse at least in the the first SW film.

6. Hound of UIster

Was Mark Hamil high on drugs for most of ANH?

7. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Looking back there are a few scenes, such as when they buy R2 and C3PO, where Mark Hamil seems awkward and stiff.

8. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

In the first film, Hamill is awkward and unconvincing while Ford is brimming with charisma and knows exactly how to play each bit.

In the third film, Hamill has genuinely become a good actor who plays his part excellently, while Ford is clearly bored and phoning it in, wondering when he can get the fuck out of here.

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen and David Prowse.

Hmm, seems to be a connection there, but I can't quite place it...

10. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The "I don't like you either" guy. lol.

11. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i'm going to say Alec Guiness. compared with the rest of the casts talents, he was a proper actor and his performance is pretty poor considering how good he could be.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, Yoda gets my vote too, dude couldn't even get a sentence in the right order.

Seriously though, I've gotta agree with Mark Hamill, he wasn't very good in the first film

13. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You guys are crazy. Anything Hamill lacks is from "Youcanwritethisshitgeorgebutyoucan'tsayititis". The irony being that Ford sold his lines perfectly.

14. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahmed Best, because he's playing a character which is (I assume) supposed to be endearing, and ends up making him damned annoying.

Hayden Christensen.... do I even need a reason?

As much as it pains me.... Natalie Portman. Congratulations, George Lucas. Your shitty scripts for the PT made even Natalie Portman look like a bad actor. Seriously, in Episodes II & III in particular, she has this look like she can't believe the mediocrity of the dialogue she's reciting. And I'm right there with her.

15. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Alec Guinness probably didn't care as he never thought he would get paid, having agreed to do the movie for a percentage. In fact, he was embarrassed by how much money it did make him.

16. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I also found it interesting how the OT actors complain about the dialogue they have to speak. Granted, some of it can be very corny but at the same time it's also sci-fi. Carrie Fischer, in the Empire of Dreams documentary, stated she had no clue what she was talking about during the Hoth/ion cannon speech. Was it bad writing, or just an actor uncomfortable with a sci-fi vocabulary?

I don't see too many actors nowadays say how uncomfortable/corny sci-fi lines are to speak. Is this maybe a sign of the times when science fiction/fantasy is more ingrained in our culture and we're simply used to it versus how we were in 1977?

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

All exaggeration aside, I must go with Hayden Christiansen. He just came off very wooden and childish.

Though Natalie, as wonderful as she is, clearly was not comfortable acting in a green screen environment and some of her lines, which were written very stilted, came off very stilted.

18. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Hayden gets the vote, although Dorme's concern was utterly unconvincing in AOTC (however, Rose Byrne looked so good, I usually overlook the wooden performance)

19. Hound of UIster

He was nominated for best supporting actor for the role of Obi-Wan.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  20. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Hayden Christensen in AotC. He was godawful.