Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ALF, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

I don't think so. I think he will keep his word and help the family. He seems to have a strange sense of honor

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"You sacrifice pawns. That's why they're there."

Magneto.

3. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure he just wants to wrap it up before whatever his connection with the bar owner is gets out.
    Even Dexter has a tan though, as much of one as a semi-Ginger can get.

4. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wish Quinn was the cop who was killed by Victor in the season premiere, and Angel and Mike were working on the case together.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^ I agree. Quinn has outlived his usefulness. Besides we didn't know Anderson enough to care about him. At least we know Quinn.

6. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe they had to write the actor out on account of him being in Sons of Anarchy now.

7. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Pretty unexpected and satisfying end to the Sirko storyline (for now). Now the focus seems to be shifting to Dexter's latest serial killer groupie, which is a storyline I'm not all that interested in but hey maybe they'll surprise me. There was a lot of incautious behavior in this episode that I found distracting: Deb talking to Dexter openly in his office, Deb and Dexter talking loudly about him being a killer in what I think was the police parking garage, and then later Dexter having his faceoff with Sirko in prison (So he just goes to visit him? Wouldn't anyone think that's weird?). That was a good scene though, Sirko's speech was pretty chilling.

So they've locked up a Russian mob boss but neither Deb or Dex seems particularly worried about outside retaliation? Haven't they watched any mob movies? :lol: I guess there's only so much you can do within the storyline.

8. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not like he didn't realize he had left blood at the scene. Bringing him in was too easy. We see no attempt to flee, hide, or resist arrest. He was even smirking as he was brought in. He's up to something. It's like arresting The Joker.

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this episode didn't really grab me like the others have so far. The scenes between Dexter and Debra were still great (I loved her freakout in the elevator, and the way she called him out for always sabotaging the police's cases), but everything else was just kinda... eh.

The storyline with the girlfriend isn't all that interesting, and Sirko is starting to seem like more of just a one-dimensional threat than before.

And I know it was probably inevitable, but the more Debra starts to accept Dexter's serial killing ways, the more it feels like the season is losing the charge and momentum it once had. Hopefully LaGuerta or someone else will get closer to the truth soon, before things get TOO much back to normal.

10. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still surprised Deb didn't bring up Doakes to Dexter, since her and LaGuerta talked about him earlier, and all evidence points to Dexter being the real Bay Harbor Butcher.

11. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

What Deb has "accepted" is things going back to the way they were: Dexter doing what he does, and Deb not knowing about it or being a part of it. Dex just shrugged and said okay, but they're both going to learn very quickly how delusional it is to think that possible. Deb is inextricably a part of Dexter's deeds now. Not knowing the specifics of what he's up to doesn't mean she won't still be covering for him (and herself), it just means it will be more difficult for her to do it effectively.

12. Guy Gardener

She's going to start vetting and assigning him kills.

Debb is going to kill Isaak, and then she's going to have to say to Dexter, "please show me how to dispose of the body."

It will be like teaching her to ride a bicycle all over again.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh, I'm really not feeling this Dexter/Hannah storyline. As much as I love Strahovski, her character is just not all that compelling. And unfortunately this latest episode was all ABOUT her.

The only interesting part of the episode was, naturally, another Debra and Dexter scene, where she grilled him about the whole Lumen thing from season 5.

It would be cool if Julia Stiles actually DID make a reappearance this season, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen. I wasn't even a big fan of her character, but I'd much rather see her again than sit through more of this deadly dull Hannah stuff.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Next weeks trailer looks interesting. It looks like Deb actually wants Dexter to kill Hannah, meanwhile he's having second thoughts.

15. Guy Gardener

"I spent all night stabbing her and she didn't die.'

"Next time use a knife, not your dick Dexter."

16. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

17. LitmusDragon

Not crazy about the Hannah storyline either, it seems forced to me. I guess they felt that Dexter needs a love interest every season and this is how they decided to handle it.

18. Guy Gardener

But he's not in love with her.

We men thought that he would let her get away with murder just because she's reasonably attractive... But Dexter is not a sexual animal.

He's blundered into this relationship and he'd not bloody happy about it.

You know like that time you had that really bad blind date?

19. LitmusDragon

Well, this latest episode was a lot more interesting than the direction I thought they were going to take.

"Hey Dex, go kill your girlfriend."

"But I don't wanna!"

:lol:

20. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea it does. Hopefully he'll end up going through with it by the end of the season.

I wonder if she'll be helping him in terms of dealing with that Russian mob guy... maybe she could help Dexter kill him in a different way so he won't be connected to it.

:guffaw: