TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Spocked7/9

Spocked7/9 Cadet Newbie

Hello I'm here to ask a question on a specific TNG

2. The Dancing Nurse

The Dancing Nurse Cadet Newbie

Hello, my name is Emily and I'm turning 19 in a few days. I'm Canadian!

I love star trek the next generation, it's my favorite tv show! What i like the most is following Beverly and Jean-Luc's relationship, because they are my relationship goal. Beverly is my favorite character, because she reminds me of myself. We both like dancing and we like theatre. I always wanted to be a doctor, but it's really hard to become one. So i'm curently studying to become a nurse! We are both reserved at first, but when you get to know us, you're starting to realize that we like to tease you. We are calm and caring and were not afraid to speak the truth. And there's much more!

Honestly I like every single crew member and their personality! I wish this TV show was a reality show so i could join the crew and be a nurse for the Enterprise!

My favorite episode is Causes and Effect, because i laugh everytime the day starts over. I also like Attached, because its a Picard/Crusher episode!

So if you are still trying find your Beverly, just to let you know that I'm still looking for my Jean-Luc :)

Hope you have a great day!

Emily

The Katatonic and RAMA like this.
  3. Thomas Elliot

Thomas Elliot Commander Red Shirt

Hey everyone!
    I just found this forum a few weeks back and think it's great! I'm glad I've finally registered here.

About myself: As a small child I remember seeing reruns of TOS occasionally. I thought Captain Kirk was cool, and the adventure-in-space aspect was neat, but I wasn't a big fan because the show looked too old school to me. I remember catching the premiere of ST:TNG (actually the first rerun of it) and thought it was all wrong. They shouldn't have picked an old man to be the Captain, he's bald! Why not make that Riker guy the captain!? He even looks like Captain Kirk!
    I ended up watching the reruns anyway, and eventually the first run episodes every Saturday at 7:00 PM. I didn't consider myself a Trekkie or Star Trek fan, but I started to really enjoy the show, and ended up watching most of the 7 seasons. The finale was exceptionally good.

I watched a few episodes of DS9, thought it was only so-so. A coupler of Voyager episodes too.
    Never saw the TOS films, or the TNG ones.

I've just recently started watching the various TOS films and I really, really liked them. Then I moved on to binge watching ST:TNG, and now I'm moving on to DS9 and TOS.

What I like most about Star Trek is the optimism and the idealism of the series, particularly in TNG. I also like that it's a mainstream SF series that's less about action and more focused on knowledge and exploration. Episodes that deal with Picard's love of archaeology, or cadets trying to succeed in Starfleet are really inspirational to me.

After watching all these ST episodes recently, and reading the forums here, I feel like I've been introduced to Star Trek for the first time. My next mission is obtaining the DC Comics' series.

The Katatonic and RAMA like this.
  4. elamigodemiamiga

elamigodemiamiga Lieutenant Red Shirt

i grew up on TNG....DS9 is good, but tng was my favourite, and still is.

RAMA likes this.
  5. dinwitty

dinwitty Cadet Newbie

I remember the original series when it came out, thats about the time when Batman and Green Hornet came out, the promos for the sires showed Spock with the ears and as a kid, this was very strange to me, I don't think I really watched the show as a kid. I guess in reruns I grew into it.

So when TNG came on I was impressed and watched it.

Later on a friend and I went to Vegas and went to the Experience, that was all fun. Sorry to see that go and attempts to bring it back havent worked out.

6. Krustee_Sok

Krustee_Sok Ensign Red Shirt

Hello!

I'm Ethan from Baltimore and I just started my TNG journey (5 minutes into the 2nd episode). While I enjoy Picard and Ryker's characters, I'm interested in seeing how Wes Crusher develops over the show, since he seems to have a lot of potential.

RAMA likes this.
  7. Geordi's Fingernails

Geordi's Fingernails Ensign Newbie

8. Geordi's Fingernails

Geordi's Fingernails Ensign Newbie

Woops, didn't mean to post that all by itself. But honestly, the MOMENT I read that, that's the exact picture I thought it would be before I clicked on it. Hilarious.

9. DS9ers

DS9ers Lieutenant Red Shirt

I was born in the early 80s. TNG was my introduction to the world of Star Trek. I had seen a couple of old TOS episodes here and there but it seemed like I was always catching just pieces of the show. Depending on the the day I switch between DS9 and TNG as my favorite Star Trek series. I own TNG on Blu Ray and the difference between the remastered and original version is kind of crazy. Over the last year I have been re-watching all of the Star Trek shows/movies. I am 342 episodes and 13 movies into the re-watch. I remember the first two seasons of TNG being the slow points of the show and that hasn't changed during my re-watch. My favorite TNG episdoes are Yesterdays Enterprise, The Inner Light and All Good Things... I am very thankful for Star Trek as a whole and I have a special place in my heart for TNG!

10. geotrek

geotrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello, all! I began watching TNG when it premiered in '87, having loved TOS and the animated series. If I had to choose favorite characters on the show, Picard, Data, and Deanna Troi rank in the top, not necessarily in that order. Guest alien favorites...Traveler and Q.

11. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Welcome aboard geotrek. Say Hi to Dolly for us please.

geotrek likes this.
  12. geotrek

geotrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

^^ You got it! :hugegrin:

13. Andrews

Andrews Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

So I finally wrapped up on TNG today and I have to say, All Good Things easily landed right up there with my top favorite episodes. I'll admit I judged the series pretty harsh in the past, but it's a solid show.

14. Four Lights

Four Lights Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You never forget your first love and The Next Generation was the first TV show I could really say I loved deeply as a teenager. Patrick Stewart and Picard was just another level of reality entirely from any other character I'd ever seen before (and maybe since.) He just WAS Picard, and Picard was real, and Picard had all the answers.
    There were lots of other qualities to the series that also made in shine, but that character and its sense of integrity and presence and class....just amazing!!!

There'll never be another show like TNG!

15. squidward

squidward Ensign Red Shirt

TNG right here. Came in at the right time :)

16. CaptainSpirk

CaptainSpirk Lieutenant Red Shirt

Long time fan. Started watching the classic series during the '80's when it was run on prime-time Australian TV. I refuse to call it the Original Series, The Original Series. It was called "Star Trek" for a reason.

i then started watching "Star Trek The Next Generation" afterwards when it also aired on prime-time, before being delegated to the midnight laughable time-slot. I missed out on a lot of episodes thanks to Australian TV stupidity, but I'm glad for home entertainment.

Now, I'm re-watching all the series again and again. As you can tell by my profile picture, a huge fan. :)

17. JDobbs

JDobbs Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi everyone!

I caught onto TNG around 1988-89, it was my first introduction to the Star Trek world. It clicked with me immediately. I remember sitting in front of the TV on school nights just waiting for the opening scene. The episodes to this day still give you a moment to stop and think about your own moral struggles and choices. My favorite characters growing up were Picard and Worf, I still enjoy their roles but find myself leaning towards Riker at this point in my life.

I look forward to talking with everyone!

18. Riverside2233

Riverside2233 Commander Red Shirt

Hello all. I'm fairly new to the site and forum. My love of all things sci-fi began on a deployment in 2007 when I came across the Firefly DVDs from a bootleg Iraqi vendor. Imagine my disappointment when I looked for season 3....

but I digress. I never grew up on shows like Trek or anything, but I've always enjoyed science fiction. Last year I was sidelined from an injury and got into Stargate. I devoured that, followed by Farscape, Battlestar Galactica (reboot), and - finally - Star Trek. I watched everything in somewhat production order and recently began my adventures into the Lit-Verse (still on ENT lit).

With TNG I really embraced the character-driven stories and the relationships between the crew. As a military guy I found myself gravitating toward the away-team driven missions and liked Riker's leadership style.

It's gonna be a hot minute before I get to any TNG literature since I'm going through the LitVerse in a someone chronological order (NOTE: about to start some Christopher Pike TOS stories), but I look forward to the new adventures brought to life. It's all new to me so Here. We. Go.

19. ThatChapThere

ThatChapThere Lieutenant Red Shirt

I started watching TNG less than a year ago. I had seen one or two TOS episodes with my dad, and the concept fascinated me. However, I had always been told that star trek fans were outcasts from society (lol) and never gave it much thought. Then I started chatting to my parents about literature/television and TNG came up. This "Picard" chap fascinated me. So I gave it a try.
    The first episode I saw was "Pegasus", which will always be one of favourites. It really defines and shows so much that is trek for me. I haven't yet seen all of TNG, and I'm enjoying going through season one. Not all of it is up to scratch though . Unlike most young people, action bores me, since it's just colourful lights and a more or less predictable outcome. I love the philosophical concepts (remembering, of course that not all of it is necessarily correct), the fascinating alien behaviour; and that euphoric feel of watching the NCC-1701-D sail boldly past the stars.

Tesophius likes this.
  20. xanne

xanne Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi there!
    I've already introduced myself in here, so I don't want to repeat myself, I'd rather add more information to it C:
    Lately I've been watching and re-watching all TNG series and enjoying every bit of it. Loving all the philosophic plots and, of course! Data's my favorite!