TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Ziyal

Ziyal Ensign Newbie

This was the first series I enjoyed, mainly for Data's character and Picard being a more pleasent and less annoying version of Janeway. :)

2. mahler5

mahler5 Lieutenant Commander

Man, this show really blew serious chunks. Good thing Voyager and Enterprise came along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some of the biggest crap on TV originated right here

3. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

It took me a while until I could get into TNG. Those first two years were pretty bad.

4. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

If you like Voyager so much how come you posted the following in the Voyager forum?

Honest negative remarks about TNG or the characters are welcome, but not trollish comments such as yours, especially when the bulk of your posts on this board are in that manner.

This is the last and only friendly you'll get from me in this forum.

5. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

I was in 7th grade for Encounter at Farpoint. TNG was a constant through some tough stuff, my father passing in 1990. So although I was well aware even back in '87 that the early episodes were lacking, watching them bring in strong memories.
    Recently I saw a bunch of 6th and 7th season episodes for the first time, since I was working by then and wasn't concerned with Star Trek at the time. What a treat that has been.
    There's only one cherry episode left for me now, perhaps appropriately, "Second Chances" from season 6.
    Some favorites as I recall:
    "Cause and Effect"
    "The Inner Light"
    "Cost of Living"
    "Tapestry"
    "Phantasms"
    pretty much any weird episode is likely to be a favorite of mine. There's not much of TNG I dislike. My favorite character by far when I was a kid was Worf. At this point, all the characters are like old friends.

6. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG fan representin'...

7. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a big TNG fan, In my opinion we have TNG to thank for most Star Trek we have today, the show had such good characters and by the end of season 7 it felt like a family. TNG and followed by DS9 was the best Trek ever in my opinion

8. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Another huge TNG fan checking in.

I remember the first episode I saw was Naked now on video back in '88 or '89, and I hated it. It wasn't until about 1990, when I started seeing bootleg copies of season 2 episodes on VHS that I started to enjoy it, and by season three I was hooked. These days, I probably like it more than TOS. :)

Ah those were the days. No internet, just anxious to see the latest tenth generation, taped off the TV copies that were doing the rounds at my uni. :)

9. Ktrek

Ktrek Captain Captain

I was ten years old when TOS premiered and that was the beginning of my love for all things Trek! I was 31 when TNG premiered and I have to say that I was a skeptic. I really did not think Star Trek could be done again and done right and it took me until half way through season two to change my mind. To this day I am not exactly sure of the change that happened mid season but all of a sudden the writing got better and the acting got better. By the time the season three cliffhanger Best of Both Worlds Part One came around I was hooked big time!

Now looking back I have a somewhat nostalgic feeling for the show. However, it goes beyond that because TNG was and is the first TV series to ever reach me deep in my soul and a show that I have actually shed tears over because the message reached me on a deep level (and if you knew me you would know I don't cry easily). I love re-watching the show on DVD and I never ever tire of watching TNG or any Star Trek for that matter! Nothing on television has or ever will compare to Star Trek IMHO and it will be a long long time before we have a show like TNG again!

Live Long and Prosper!

Kevin

10. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

Big TNG fan here. I loved every minute of the show, even the politically correct preachiness. Even shit like 'Manhunt' and 'Masks'.

It's an excellent show.

11. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

I'm definitely a TNG fan although DS9 is my favorite of all the Trek series. I think Picard and Riker are really great characters.

12. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    TNG is probably my favorite Trek show.

Watched it from night number one in August of '87.

Favorite characters:

Beverly Crusher
    Data
    Riker

Favorite Episodes:
    Yesterday's Enterprise
    Cause and Effect
    BOBW
    All Good Things...

13. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

I watched TOS on reruns, got hooked by TMP, and eagerly awaited TNG. I raised my daughters watching every episode.

By the time my oldest was applying for college, she asked me, "Daddy, one of the essays on the application is 'Describe someone or something that helped create your personal values.' How do I explain that All my values come from the 23rd century? Everything I needed to know in life I learned from Star Trek and Babylon 5."

She went on to major in astrophysics, and is now a graduate student in astronomy.

I have no idea where she got such notions.

14. Son_of_Soong

Son_of_Soong Captain Captain

Hey all I'm Stephen. I grew up on TNG which eventually evolved to include ALL trek.

I own all of TNG on DVD which I have promptly turned into 1140 avatars (avatars from every episode of the series. I wont advertise it here in case I get into trouble but feel free to send me a private message for the link.

15. khelben1979

khelben1979 Ensign Red Shirt

Hello all!

I'm a man which is 28 years old. Living in Sweden. One of my favourite characters in Star Trek is without a doubt: Mr Data.

When it comes the old series, my favourite is Mr Spock, but... as I wrote: Mr Data is the best. Q stands off greatly when it comes to he's sarcastic humour for humans, very nice indeed!

16. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Welcome to the forum! :)

17. Starfleet1701

Starfleet1701 Ensign Newbie

Hey my name is Robert, I'm new to the site but glad it is here.

My Favorites

Character- Data
    Episode- Best of Both Worlds Parts 1 and 2

18. Starfleet1701

I think that TNG was better than any of the other series. I just think that DS9 didn't have any of the things you would expect from a Star Trek series until about Season 5 or 6. In other respects it was based on an alien space station, come on, having to watch a show that almost never has anything to with exploration or anything else that Star Trek was based on is a little bit boring. If I had to rate may favorite series in order it would go like this:

1. TNG
    2. Original Series
    3. Voyager
    4. DS9
    5. Enterprise

19. EnsignJulka

EnsignJulka Captain Captain

I love both TOS and TNG. Whilst TOS started it all, TNG brought you closer to the characters than in TOS.

20. Starfleet1701

It's not that I didn't like TOS it just that in my opinion it didn't have the same depth as TNG.