Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Speaking only on my own behalf, the "old days" were much better I think, than they are now, for a variety of reasons.

This should not suggest nor does it necessarily follow in my opinion however that the current "days" are bad either.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. The current days are generally unremarkable.

3. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"I understood that reference" so I guess I'd be considered an old timer, too. Originally went under the name of CaptProton until I realized I really wasn't that big of a Voyager fan. :)

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Out of curiosity how many other people here have changed their screenname over the years? I've been cooleddie74 since the day I first joined and have never really been all that tempted to change it. I know we've had a few people who've changed theirs multiple times and for very lame and sketchy reasons (one in particular comes to mind but I won't mention them myself...if you guys can guess then more power to you) but as the years go by my memory of some board monikers has gotten pretty cloudy.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've been RoJoHen since Day 1.

6. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

They were the best of times... they were the worst of times.

No, not really, they were just great! :cool:

7. doubleohfive

I changed mine to another name I use pretty frequently elsewhere, but eventually changed back to my usual "doubleohfive" handle not long after because people still kept referring to me as "doubleoh." :shrug:

8. cooleddie74

Yeah, you've been 005 for years now as evidenced by the 2007 and 2008 BBS YouTube vids with your screenname on them. I've always known you as doubleoh...I couldn't recall your other name if I had to.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I've always been me...
    Or have I?

Yes, yes I have.

10. doubleohfive

I've been 'doubleohfive' since at least 1999 (according to my hotmail account)!

11. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

As I mentioned before I used to go by YeahMe, and even though I changed my name I've never really been happy with it (the old or the new one). I've wanted to change it again for years, but nothing good or clever or relevant has ever occurred to me.

12. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I wasn't commenting on whether the old days were good, or the current days are, or anything like that. I meant that I haven't been here long enough to do the rose-coloured glasses thing and be nostalgic about the past here.

I don't want to negate what anyone else feels, and maybe you did have more fun in the past or liked the people more. There are people that have disappeared that I wouldn't mind seeing around again, but there are people who are here now who I probably like more. But I'm also engaged in the board a lot more than I was, say, five years ago. It actually took me a long time to feel comfortable here so I don't think I hold any particular fondness for the past.

Oh, and someone mentioned that I seem familiar but I don't think I'm the person you're thinking of. There's a Kaestra (or used to be) here, and I'm pretty sure there are other Kestras floating around the internet too. But it's the name I've used online and I have never had any thoughts of changing it.

Edit: Speaking of, where's macloudt these days? Has she been posting and I've just not seen her?

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I joined here in 2002 as Mr. Laser Beam. Then I changed to Babaganoosh for awhile. Since I became an obsessive baseball fanatic I changed back to MLB. :) ;)

(Baseball was NOT the reason I originally chose the name, but it was the reason I changed BACK to it.)

14. cooleddie74

Yeah, I remember your Babaganoosh phase pretty vividly.

15. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Doesn't Spiff still pop up time to time?

I've been always been Finn except in Octobers and Decembers, obviously. I had considered changing it a couple of times during my first couple of years here. But I couldn't come up with a screenname.

16. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I was Lisa once. :p

The old days were better in some ways, and worse in some ways.

17. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

^ You totally mercilessly murdered the fun!

Actually, I have to thank you, if it were still the same, I think it would be a hell hole! All that nonsense was funny for about 5 minutes, if you were under 20 in age/IQ (:p) and then the trolling gets really old. Clearly, with you, they messed with the wrong marine. :lol:

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately, so do I... :sigh:

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I've thought about it, particularly since the second half of my screen name was a shortened version of a name I used in IRC channels before registering here and it never made much sense here. I've never been able to come up with something new that I actually wanted to use, though, so I've never bothered.

20. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I changed mine once, but quickly changed it back. It's not something I talk about much. It was not well received. :shifty: