Worst Star trek actor ever

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Overlord, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Roc

Silver Roc Ensign Red Shirt

Blalock was just terrible from the little I have seen. Also Bernie Casey in the Maquis was pretty bad and kind of hurt what was other wise an excellent 2 parter.

2. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that they were both great, though Russ got less to work with, except in a a few Tuvok-centric episodes.

3. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

:lol: I liked Brooks most of the time, but I agree that this is true for many of his performances, particularly in "Far Beyond the Stars" where he definitely channels Shatner at his worst in the final scene.

Morris did a good job in his few DS9 appearances playing aliens. I think he could have done well playing the captain...as long as people didn't have trouble taking him seriously because they recognized him from "Seinfeld". :p

4. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

They were all so horribly badly awfully intolerable. I don't know how anybody ever watched the shows or films.

5. Stoek

Stoek Commander Red Shirt

Rosalind Chao. Any Niners remember the episode where Kira is pregnant with the O'Brien's child? And Miles and Nerys are getting a little too chummy? Yeah well not only was I rooting for them to get together but I was really really hoping that Keiko would meet an unfortunate demise. I have never seen RC in anything that she did not come off as insipid and whiny.

6. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Admittedly, Enterprise is not his best work, but I wouldn't count him among the worst Trek actors. I think he did OK overall and even had some shining moments in Season 3 when Archer finally got some interesting things to do.

One performance I thoroughly disliked was Diana Muldaur as Dr. Pulaski. She came across as overly inflexible.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. Isis

Isis Commodore Commodore

sonak, have you been reading my mind?

8. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Enterprise's writing was bad at times, but there's no way that's any excuse for how bad Blalock's acting was. There's a difference between Vulcan and wooden. If anyone wants to continue saying it was the writing, take a look at her appearances on Stargate as Ishta. *shudder*

9. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Beltran.

10. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Her performance there had two settings (on a range of 1-10): 1 and 15.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'd agree that Blaylock could be very hit and miss as T'pol. One episode she'd hit it out-of-the-park and the next would be a foul tip out to the catcher.

12. Ghel

Ghel Captain Captain

If that is true, it is a sad way to kill your own career. How do you explain THAT to future directors looking to hire you. "It's not that I'm a bad actor, sir, I was just bored with the job and attempting to get myself fired."

Director of new project. "Fantastic, you're hired. I can't wait for you interpretation of MY script!"

13. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh don't you worry. i most certainly will.

14. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

i didnt like ben cross as sarak,mard lenard did a much better job,and alexander enberg,both his roles as vorik(voyager) and taurik(lower decks epsiode,TNG)he suck big time as a vulcan,he only got these jobs because his is mother is jeri taylor.

15. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Give the girl a break all she had to speak was technobabble- it's not easy

16. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thoguth Gates had her baby in the 4th season. Thats why she wears the blue/green jacket over her unifrom to hide the bump. I was led to believe that TPTB didn't like crusher's character which is why she was replaced.

Marina's acting got better. I don't think she acted dumb- they wrote her dumb and inconsistent . She only appeared to have a brain whenever she wore a uniform and dumped the bunny suit

17. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

Sorry but if we're going with the baseball metaphors, for Blalock it was either striking out swinging or striking out looking.

if she was hitting them out of the park it must've been during batting practice.

18. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

It also didn't help that she was the designated T&A character on TNG.

19. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

At least it was before the T&A got out of hand and overly blatant.

20. seven_of_nineski

seven_of_nineski Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I would have to say Jolene Blalock as one of the worst, if not the worst regular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.