Free Games!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Robert Maxwell, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Always wanted to try out Just Cause 2, if it's still on the table? Also, can I be cheeky and ask for Deus Ex HR DC too if nobody else claims it? ;)

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh Daikatana. I'll need to grab that at some point. I just read Masters of Doom. I skipped it originally in its time since well, it was said to be crap, but now I'm curious.

Someone should grab Lara Croft: Guardian of Light, that game's fantastic, especially if you have a co-op partner. I can't speak to the mouse and keyboard controls, but it was great fun with an Xbox 360 controller. It's pretty much a dual stick shooter with puzzles.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You know, I never even heard of Daikatana until recently and I was a huge fan of Deus Ex back when it came out. I suppose that's the early internet days for you. Most gaming informations was either word of mouth of via magazines. It's amazing what you can miss.

I really ought to play Guardian of Light again at some point. I remembering enjoying it, but I don't think I played it to completion.

P.S. Not quite on topic, but I noticed the Defiance MMO just went F2P on Steam. I kind of want to try it out, but that's one hefty download... :/

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I'm amazed anyone into gaming at the time could have missed the Daikatana marketing blitz. One of the most infamously over-the-top marketing efforts ever. :lol:

Masters of Doom is a fun book, by the way. Definitely worth reading.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

If I was aware of it at the time it clearly didn't leave much of an impression. Mind you, back then my interests were mostly in flight simulators and adventure games. My primary method of deciding on buying a game was usually down to 1) Is it a LucasArts game? 2) Is there a demo on the cover of PC format?

I'll admit there are some strange gaps in my experience. For example: I was very much into the X-Wing & Tie Fighter games, but never touched *any* Wing Commander title.

6. Robert Maxwell

That's a shame, the Wing Commander series is one of the best. Technologically, it's aged poorly, but in its day you couldn't really beat it.

7. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

It was super-badass at the time. Top Gun in space against the Kzin -- uh, Kilrathi. Great stuff.

8. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I was one of many who bought into the Daikantana adverts. Bought the game. Tried to load the game, it was rendering at 1 frame per 30 seconds. Gave up, huge waste of money.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Have either of these been taken?

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'll have to get that as soon as I'm done with Dean Takahashi's "The Xbox 360 Uncloaked".

Oh, and the ebook version of Craddock's "Stay Awhile and Listen: How Two Blizzards Unleashed Diablo and Forged a Video-Game Empire (Book I)". I could really use a vacation to get some of my video game literature out of the way.

11. Robert Maxwell

Nope! Do you want them?

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Absolutely!

13. Robert Maxwell

14. Yoda

I have something decent to give away. Any Wii U owners out there that haven't done the Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo Free Game thing? Free digital copy of one of four games with purchase of MK8.

My copy of MK8 from Amazon was bad, so after doing a return on the original, I have an extra MK8 Club Nintendo code. Only catches here, I think there is some region locking involved, so this is only for US and I think Canada. Also, the offer expires at the end of this month. So, time is short. Make sure you're able and willing to redeem the code on time. It seems like the Club Nintendo site has been getting pretty hard with late claimers lately.

15. Robert Maxwell

More freebies:

* Hitman: Blood Money
    * Hitman: Contracts
    * Just Cause

16. Yoda

Offer expired, sorry, had to redeem, no computer access later tonight.

17. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Origin is currently giving away Wing Commander III for free. There is a catch, you will have to download and install the Origin client to add it to your "owned" games.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Cool!

19. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a North American 3DS download code for Mighty Gunvolt, which is a very short retro companion game to the Mega Man X-inspired Azure Striker Gunvolt, and also features the hero of the forthcoming Mega Man-inspired Mighty No. 9 as a playable character. Reply saying you want it and I'll PM you the code.

Edit: taken!

20. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh, right here. I'll take it. I've heard that the game isn't that good, but I'll take anything that shares even the slightest resemblance to Mega Man.