The 2015 F1 World Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by MacLeod, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No form of motorsport that I can think of has a special version for women. It's just not necessary, and even if it was, there wouldn't be enough women to fill entire grids anyway, because the underlying problem (well not 'problem', but 'issue', unless you consider not having a 50/50 split of men and women in every single activity to be a problem) isn't a lack of talent or strength (you only need so much strength to drive a car, and anything beyond that just means excess weight), but a lack of interest. There just aren't many girls interested in racing or getting into it at a young enough age to make it to a high level.

Bernie is only bringing this topic up to wind people up, and Carmen Jorda is only talking about it because she's a talentless hack, and with her driving not turning any heads (her GP3 results are just shocking, especially considering she had a race winning team/car, and it's not just down to strength, because even teenage girls have driven GP3 cars and put in better results than her), this is the only way she's going to get any media attention (excluding pervy comments about her wearing short shorts).

2. The Master of Tarquin Hill

The Master of Tarquin Hill Commodore Commodore

I thought women were supposed to tolerate G forces better than men? I want more women in F1 and I see no reason to separate the sexes in this particular sport.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

In other news. Lewis topped the time sheet sin FP1 &2 however the Ferrari's still look strong.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well Rosberg's moaning again, Lewis is driving to slow. Here is an idea Rosberg, overtake him.

5. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

It seems that Lewis has won the psych war within Mercedes. It'll be interesting to see if he can get any initiative back. I wonder if Lauda has chosen sides. He's an expert on this kind of things from his driving days.

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

So nice to see Hamilton and Raikkonen in fine form. Liking this season, so far. :)

But in MotoGP news, I'm even happier to see Rossi wringing the neck of a Yamaha on hard/extra hard tyres to take another win and leave his teammate wondering what the fuck happened. What a race!

7. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was crazy. And as much as I don't like to see a biker go down, Marquez only has himself to blame, and has a satisfyingly hard fight to get back now. Loved the way they talked about each other afterwards as well, much cooler and more sporting guys than F1 drivers.

Should make for a great season.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Leave it to a classic circuit and a bit of bit of British summer weather to give us one of the better races of this season.