Who would you want to play the captain in Trek series 6

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by jefferiestubes8, Oct 31, 2009.

1. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Michelle Forbes. Provided she plays a human or perhaps a Vulcan. She was pretty badass as Admiral Cain on BSG, and since she's currently 45 she'd be the perfect age to play a captain. Kirk at 30-something was a bit young, even though he looked a bit older than his real age. Realistically one'd expect a career of at least 15 years in Starfleet before getting a shot at the captain's rank, probably more than that.

2. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

joseph finnes

3. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

Yes I remember doing research on US Naval Captains and XO's which included ages in order to get an idea of the basic range for characters. And if I recall , Captains of Cruisers ranged in age from 44-51 with the average being 46/47. They averaged over 20 years of service, not inc their time in the Academy, for those that did attend it.

I think only Shatner was noticeably below that. Mulgrew was slightly below (40 I think). Lets just overlook Chris Pine. I dont want to get into that again. But I do think they should stay somewhere close to this range.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

You do know that she had a recurring role as the Bajoran Ensign Ro in TNG and turned down the chance to reprise her as a regular in DS9, right? (The character was re-written as Major Kira)

5. goresnet

goresnet Cadet Newbie

I know you said no captains from the 09 movie, but I thought Faran Tahir was exceptional, and I believe he would be great in a series.

6. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^ But we got to see so little of Captain Robau.

Too bad there's not a place on this board that has a list of facts about Captain Robau. Oh well.

7. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

Wil Wheaton. :rolleyes:

8. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Ed Harris - He's played some pretty interesting leaders in some of his films. I still remember his performance as Brigadier General Francis X. Hummel, USMC, in the Rock as being very good.

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Elizabeth Mitchell

10. Spooky Baz

Spooky Baz Cadet Newbie

First post here - hi!

RE the OP, I'd have William Sadler as a NuPike type character with Jamie Foxx as his headstrong right-hand-man. Because they're both cool. :cool:

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hi back atcha! I like your William Sadler idea.

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Captain Luther Sloan?

13. Spooky Baz

Spooky Baz Cadet Newbie

Nah, he can do a Robert Duncan McNeill or an Armin Shimerman - he doesn't have to play the same character. Chances are any new series will be set in the 23rd Century I'd have thought, and I'm fairly sure Sloan isn't immortal; he is dead after all. ;)

14. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Actually, Timothy Olyphant would make an excellent Captain, or at least a First Officer

15. Spooky Baz

Spooky Baz Cadet Newbie

Good shout. :)

16. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good choices.

Trying not to rehash what's been said, I also wouldn't mind:

Colm Feore

Courtney B. Vance

Peter Mensah

Thomas Jane

All my picks for female captains (Torres, Forbes, Basset) are already mentioned.

Would have loved to see Lance Henriksen or Peter Weller, but they're definitely too old.

Also, not wishing to derail the thread Temis, but in another thread I read you said that there won't be another Trek series because of CBS, I've been out of the loop for a while, what exactly is the deal?

17. Jonny

Jonny Commander Red Shirt

I doubt he'd do it but I would personally like Hugh Laurie as he's one of my fave actors. Also I like the idea of William Petersen as a Picard style captain.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nothing official, it's just that what I know about CBS - conservative, sticks to what it knows works (cop shows, sitcoms), with an audience that's wrong for Star Trek and unlikely to care about sci fi at all - makes it hard to believe that as long as CBS is running things, Star Trek has much hope to appear on TV in the foreseeable future.

CBS also owns CW and Showtime. It's just possible a Star Trek series might be crafted for one of those two outlets, which would result in very different types of shows - either for females 18-30 (I'm sure nobody wants that :D) or for the premium cable crowd, which would expect more sex and violence than Star Trek may be used to delivering. But as long as they don't go overboard, it could work. If I had to choose, I'd opt for Showtime. Stargate used to be pretty good when it was being made for Showtime, once upon a time.

Ironically, FX might end up airing a Star Trek parody series. So a parody can work on TV but the thing it's parodying can't? Something jes' not right about that. :rommie:

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Star Trek on The CW...Tom Welling is your captain. :p

20. Vurok

Vurok Lieutenant Red Shirt

Vincent D'Onofrio.