Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I will agree, TGB, that Sony has been a bit slow with their updates, but I just can't shake the concern that M$ will try to pull their shenanigans once again if they get a large enough installed userbase on the XB1.

It's like I said, I'm sure that the Xbox One is a good console, but it's those concerns that keep me from even considering getting one.

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I highly doubt it.

The Xone is doing well enough but it could have been much better without the monumental blunders and strategic mistakes they made prior to launch.

Now that the management has been changed the people responsible for the lead up are gone and the new crew has already started salvaging the mess. Their first big decision was to decouple the Kinect from the console which instantly had a big impact on sales.

It's like Sony in last generation where they also made some mistakes with the PS3, learned from it and came off as the big winner in this generation's console race.

So i doubt MS will ever risk going back to their old plans, especially because Sony will still have a sales lead and if they don't go in the same direction as MS (and they won't) the Xone sales will once again tank hard.

So all MS can do is continue on the course, make some good games and push developers to make use of the features the XOne has. It might never fully recover from the initial bad start much less take over Sony in overall sales but it will still be a financial success.

3. steveda19

steveda19 Lieutenant Commander

I voted for Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4). However i have no intention getting a PS4. I found it to be a rip off. You have to pay for internet online service for $25 a month. Im not paying that.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You have to pay for what?

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

No idea, PS+ is £40 ($60) per year, so where the heck a $25 a month charge is coming from I don't know.

Anyway my PS4 arrived today, and I am now well into 'not well enough to play' territory, so that's great...

6. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Well, the way it works now is that you still have internet service with Sony for free....but, in order to play some online multiplayer games, yeah, you have to get PlayStation Plus.

However, I like PS+ because of the free games they have every month....usually six games.

However, 1 month of PS Plus is only $9.99. Don't know where you're getting 25 dollars a month from, Steve. Hell, even three months is only $17.99. 12 months is $49.99. Your information seems to be quite a bit off.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

PlayStation Plus is only $60 a year, which averages $5 a month and is an incredible bargain considering the free games you get.

If you're talking about an ISP, the cost associated with that isn't set by Sony.

8. steveda19

steveda19 Lieutenant Commander

Why should i pay a dime when I'm getting online games for free on PS3?

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'm gonna reiterate that you have to get both. It's not an either or, at best, it's a "which one first?" kind of question, which right now for me means the MS exclusives are tipping the scale.

Of course that only applies if financial considerations are secondary.

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I'm happy with the PS4 and Wii U so far. I'm unlikely to get an Xbox at this point. As far as I'm concerned PS+ is worth it for the free games even if I don't play online at all.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Xbox One sells 1m in the UK

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The aggressive price-drop and bundle offers alongside recent exclusives (FH2, MCC, SSO) sure made a dent in ye olde UK.

Sony hit the 1m mark back in September.

13. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That's your choice. But I'm wondering where you got the $25 a month figure? Or did you make that up to make the online service seem outrageous?

14. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because the PS3 is old and games will stop being released for it at some point in the near future. If you don't want to pay for multiplayer then get a gaming PC instead, but there are downsides to that too.

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

He's making it up, no service for the PS3 or even PS4 costs that much.

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

$25 per month would be Netflix, plus PS+ plus Amazon Prime.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Fair enough but he seemed to imply he was going to have to pay that much just to play online, and if it already covers PS+, then he's already paying it...

18. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Staying with the PS3 is a valid choice because there are still good games coming out for it but a year or two in the future will surely see AAA title dry up for the PS3 because the tech just won't be able to handle the newer games properly.

Sooner or later you'll be relegated to playing the vast library of older PS3 games for a fraction of the cost of new PS4 games and if that's ok for you go ahead.

Personally i don't mind shelling out the bucks for my PS4 since i switched over from my Xbox 360 (which i have since sold off including all the games).
    Yes, it was a sizeable spending when i bought it but then again i don't spend as much on games because i just don't have as much time as in ages past due to a job and other hobbies so i buy one game a month (if that) and they are usually the ones i'm most interested in so it levels out.

However i'm still waiting on the one game that will rock my socks off when it comes to visuals.. so far most games look quite good but when i remember how much more powerful the new consoles are than their last gen versions i'm kinda disappointed so far.

Maybe the developers still need some time to really familiarize themselves with the new tech and it will still take another year until we see the true potential.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I feel the same way. I've enjoyed the games I've played, but I haven't really noticed anything that sets them apart from PS3 games (and the new Assassin's Creed looks downright awful).

I think there we're probably in an adjustment period, especially since some games are still being made for both PS3 and PS4 consoles. I have a feeling that "Arkham Knight" next year will be the first game to truly blow me away.

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It's pretty much at that point now. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PS3 version was built specifically for it by a second studio to ensure maximum compatibility, and it's attrocious.

The PS3 literally cannot handle the game data, the textures on it are like something from the 90's, there are terrible loading times, things not loading at all, buffering on single and multiplayer where things just "appear" etc

Wolfenstein New Order I waited for the PS4 version as on PS3 it simply crashes non-stop when it loads at all.

I'm sure some of them work alright, but a lot of top games already look or play terribly on PS3 compared to the next gen one.

I have all the games I want for PS3, so from here on out it's PS4.