A Stitch in Time/In the Pale Moonlight connection

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DS9forever, Apr 27, 2013.

1. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I was leafing through A Stitch in Time and noticed that, in Garak's letter to Bashir, Garak seems to let slip to Bashir about Sisko's involvement in bringing the Romulans into the Dominion War. Garak even comments "I accomplished the goal (which he established!) of getting Romulus into the war against the Dominion".

Have any other novels touched in this? I can only think of a moment in Abyss where Cole of Section 31 tells Bashir "I've heard stories even about the late, sainted Captain Sisko".

2. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One of the stories in the New Frontier anthology "No Limits" was set in the future and indicated that the "Sisko Deception" was the basis for a Romulan/ Federation war.

Also, somewhat outside the scope of your question, an episode of the fan film series "Hidden Frontier" implied direct participation by MacKenzie Calhoun in the Sisko effort.

Calhoun was portrayed by none other than James Cawley, known to us all as New Voyages Captain Kirk. Incidently, in my opinion, all of the traits of Cawley as an actor that people don't like about his portrayal of Kirk actually work for him as Calhoun.

3. rfmcdpei

rfmcdpei Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Out of curiosity, E-DUB, what was the connection?

4. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That Calhoun's ship transported Grathon Tolar (the forger) to DS9 from the Klingon homeworld.